MBC crashes when 'backing out' of a TV show

Macburp

Macburp

My poor Xbox is old and running out of chuff. It copes with MBC reasonably well, but crashes fairly regularly. While I look for new hardware for the lounge TV I grin and bear it.

(BTW, using Chocolate theme, coverflow view, with backdrops enabled. Network connection is ethernet)

However, I've noticed one crash that consistently happens enough to make me think its an MBC bug. Once I've finished watching a TV show I usually need to hit 'back' 2 or 3 times to get back to the main menu. I'm noticing more and more that in these circumstances MBC crashes when it gets to the top level menu.

If MBC hasn't crashed I notice the backdrop for the watched show load first, and then after a short pause the series icons flick to the watched TV show. 

Id it has crashed I'm left seeing the backdrop for the watched show with the first unwatched shows icon appearing on top of it. The only way to resolve is to restart the xbox.

I may not have explained this well, so here's an example. I've been watching 'Dead Like Me' today: the first show in my TV list is '37 Days'. When Xbox / MBC crashes, I have the 37 days icon over the Dead Like Me backdrop.

Excerpt from MBS and MBC logs below. Any thoughts appreciated - I would rather keep the backdrops on.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22367822/MBS%20-%20MBC%20Crash%203-2.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22367822/MBC%20Crash%203-2.log

Can you reproduce this on the host machine?  Is there an event in the Windows Event Log?

This sounds to me more like the extender freezing than the program on the host actually crashing.

Macburp

Nothing in the Event Log apart from me having to disconnect the extender because it froze.

Tried at the host machine, it worked. Not sure how much this tells us as this is an intermittent problem that is happening more regularly.

What it tells me is that this is probably the extender itself freezing.  This type of thing, either after file playback or when trying to send large packets of data to the extender, has been happening for years on the 360 and, no, it isn't consistent.

You can try reducing the size of the backdrops and other images being sent across the wire in the advanced config pane just to see if that helps.