VoxCommando and XBMB3C

reluctantflux

reluctantflux

Trying to get VoxCommando to work with XBMB3C, and run into a roadblock that should be easily solved.

Basically, I'm using the Kodi plugin for Voxcommando, which uses XJson.Raw commands being sent to Kodi webserver.  

I've gotten it to pull up the root mediabrowser plugin interface with:

"window": "videolibrary","parameters":["plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c"]

How would I modify that to open, say Next up episodes?  I imagine it would call "xbmb3c.std.tvshows.3" but I don't know how to add that as a parameter. 

All help is appreciated!

marcelveldt

You would need to get a window property for that.

I'm not sure if it accepts that, actually I don't think so but you can give it a try...

Use this:

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(MediaBrowser.std.movies.0)]

or without the info:

MediaBrowser.std.movies.0

The complete list is here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi.SkinHelper/blob/master/README.txt

so the result will be this:

"window": "videolibrary","parameters":["$INFO[Window(Home).Property(MediaBrowser.std.movies.0)]"]

Isn't there any info about using variables or window properties to pass to the script ?

Edited by marcelveldt

reluctantflux

I'm a complete novice at this so I'm just trying to piece stuff together.  That didn't work.  Maybe I should just leave this up to more adept folks.  Neither of those options worked.  

reluctantflux

If someone can get one command to work so I can see how it is, I'd be happy to do the rest of the config.

marcelveldt

If someone can get one command to work so I can see how it is, I'd be happy to do the rest of the config.

I found out that the VoxCommand tool didn't support any variables to pass to Kodi so I created a quick mod to add this.

Just tried out and it actually works :)

You need to install my modded version of the VoxTools addon in order to get this working.

It is attached to this post as a zip. Simply go to settings --> addons --> install from zip

script.voxtools.zip

After that you can use this as a command to call any of the mediabrowser entrypoints you'd like:

Action name: XJson.VoxTools

Parameter1: execbuiltinadvanced

Parameter 2: any of the .path window properties from the list (like mediabrowser.std.movies.0.path)

54d49b20f0ab1_voxtoolscommand.png

The full list of available commands is available here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Kodi.SkinHelper/blob/master/README.txt

Note that you have to apply ".path" to the argument.

For example to browse to Next Episodes, fill in MediaBrowser.std.tvshows.3.path

reluctantflux

This is great! I've gotten a few done now.  Is there any way to send variables?

I.e.  

Find TV Show Constantine

I tried:

json.VoxTools

execbuiltinadvanced

MediaBrowser.usr.{1}.tvshows.path

basically replaced the "x" with "{1}" in MediaBrowser.usr.X.tvshows.path, but that didn't work.

marcelveldt

This is great! I've gotten a few done now.  Is there any way to send variables?

I.e.  

Find TV Show Constantine

I tried:

json.VoxTools

execbuiltinadvanced

MediaBrowser.usr.{1}.tvshows.path

basically replaced the "x" with "{1}" in MediaBrowser.usr.X.tvshows.path, but that didn't work.

No, there's no way to send variables but I can add that too if you like.

BTW: replace the X with a number to access your collections, start counting from 0

So, MediaBrowser.usr.0.tvshows.path would open your first tvshows collection.

If you don't have seperate collections or you just want to keep it simple, use the "std" nodes instead.

reluctantflux

If you could add variables that would be awesome.  At first I thought I'd be fine with just access to root nodes, but the more I play with it, the more it seems necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Are all these mods specific to Vox commando?

Wouldn't it be a whole lot better for the add-on to support the MB remote control websocket messages, or is that not possible?

marcelveldt

Are all these mods specific to Vox commando?

Wouldn't it be a whole lot better for the add-on to support the MB remote control websocket messages, or is that not possible?

That's indeed a great idea, as far a I'm aware the addon doesn't yet support those, might be worth it to add it. These changes were specific to voxcommando as a quick workaround but a listener directly in the addon would be much better

saitoh183

That's indeed a great idea, as far a I'm aware the addon doesn't yet support those, might be worth it to add it. These changes were specific to voxcommando as a quick workaround but a listener directly in the addon would be much better

Vox sounds more and more interesting...i was reading that it didnt support Kodi from the wiki but with this addon i might give it a try with VoxWav...

jitterjames

Vox sounds more and more interesting...i was reading that it didnt support Kodi from the wiki but with this addon i might give it a try with VoxWav...

I would just like to clarify that VoxCommando has always supported direct control of Kodi and all versions of XBMC since Eden (if not earlier) but the MediaBrowser plugin for Kodi does not yet fully support the MediaBrowser remote client api.  Null_Pointer is currently working on updates to the beta version of the XBMB3C plugin and making great progress so far.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18025-mb-remote-control-websocket-messages/?p=176193

Once he makes a bit more progress I will probably make a new demo video showing it off.

saitoh183

I would just like to clarify that VoxCommando has always supported direct control of Kodi and all versions of XBMC since Eden (if not earlier) but the MediaBrowser plugin for Kodi does not yet fully support the MediaBrowser remote client api.  Null_Pointer is currently working on updates to the beta version of the XBMB3C plugin and making great progress so far.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18025-mb-remote-control-websocket-messages/?p=176193

Once he makes a bit more progress I will probably make a new demo video showing it off.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of maybe going back to MBC to use this but i would prefer to use Kodi till the New MBT is released