CanDelete

Luke

In order to help clear confusion about what kinds of items can be deleted and by what users, I've added a new CanDelete property (optional field).

If your app offers any kind of Delete function - library items, tv recordings, collections, playlists, then be sure to check this. You will no longer need to check user Policy and other properties in order to figure it out.

Note that this does not pertain to removing items from collections or playlists. I'll look at that in the near future.

I'll open up tickets in your repos for the apps that I think are doing deletes. If it doesn't apply to you, just close it.

The user policy will still work right?  Retrieving this value and checking it once on the user policy object as opposed to re-retrieving it with every object makes much more sense to me.  Plus all themes are going to be wired to the global option.

it'll work yes, it's just that different kinds of items have different rules so that's what this was looking to address

• 4 weeks later...

Working on this and when I updated the model I lost these two properties that were being used in my WMC Extender profile.  Did they just get renamed or are they no longer needed?

SupportsCustomHttpHeaders = true;
            SupportsDirectRemoteContent = true;

What are the defaults because I was only setting those on the extender profile?  If the defaults are false and that was something specific to the extender, then I need to add some conditional logic to the options now.

defaults are false for both. they are actually only for mbc so if not needed they'd be great to remove.

I actually have no idea if they are needed.  I just copied this profile over from the server at some point quite a while ago.

It seems strange that these options were only set on the Extender version of the profile though as it seems like if an extender supports those things then the normal player would too.  I guess I'll set them to true in both instances.

are you actually able to set http headers into the video player to pass along to video url's? because if not then you shouldn't set SupportsCustomHttpHeaders or videos that require it will fail

Not to my knowledge but I'm not sure.  Those options were explicitly set by whomever created that profile in the first place so I just left them there.