Having trouble re-loading the app

socalredneck
Go to solution Solved by Simply2Cool,

CBers

From what I can glean from the AVS forums, the 1123.3 firmware update includes a fix for DD 5.1 audio on the NetFlix app !!

Not sure what else though.

FrostByte

You would need to find the old firmware and install using USB.  Even then I'm not sure it will let you go back.  I've read in another forum that you can't, but I've never tried either

socalredneck

Well I'm not a software writer or tech, but if there is anything I can do to help you guys please let me know.  Like I've said, I've got 2 tv's, a 50H6201 & 32H5203 to test things out on, if it will help.

Thank you!!

Edited by socalredneck

chessdragon136

I don;t think it is possible to roll back firmware updates now. 

Where in the world are you based? Can you provide the full model number? 

socalredneck

I'm located in California, USA

My models are:

UN32H5203AFXZA - Purchased from Best Buy in Jan '15 - Wifi network connected

UN50H6201AFXZA - Purchased from Costco in Dec '14 - Wired network connected

Both have software (firmware) version 1114

Edited by socalredneck

CBers

Ok, there must be different version numbers for different countries then. On the Samsung US page there is a "?" next to the download link that has these updates

I updated the firmware on my TV today, to v1123.3 and then I synced the app and all worked OK.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ok, I just updated my F8000 to the latest firmware v1206.3 here in the US.  Everything appears to be ok.  I did reload the Samsung app 560b and things went well.  I did not remove and reload it though, just loaded it on top of 560b that was already there.

• Like 1

socalredneck

I've another question. Just as a thought, I was wondering if the latest Samsung update effected my tv login (develop). So I went to "menu", "Smart Hub", "Samsung Account", then "Edit Profile", entered the 6 zeros of the password, and got an error message. Stating "The ID or password is incorrect. Please check them and try again". Is that normal, to not be able to edit the develop user?

I even removed accounts from the tv, then re-logged into as develop user. I still couldn't load the app or edit the profile.

What else can I try?

bertbert72

That at least is normal. You can't edit the developer profile. Unfortunately I don't have any great suggestions of other things to try except contact Samsung support. I've had mixed success with them in the past but you never know... They usually respond in some fashion.

bertbert72

I know it doesn't help the OP but I can confirm that 2602.2 on an H6400 still works OK. I mention it because this firmware fixes sound issues in 2600 so is a worthwhile update.

chessdragon136

Can you find another app to sidled using the develop account and see if that app works correctly? I can't think of any apps at hand

bertbert72

Here's one I pulled off the Samsung forum a while back.  Can't find the direct link, hence the attachment.  It doesn't do much, just displays a keyboard as a demo for mouse control.

*Seconds later I found the link:

http://www.samsungdforum.com/Guide/_downloads/tut00049_ime_tutorial.zip

sample1.zip

Edited by bertbert72

Simply2Cool

My model is also the UN32H5203AFXZA (version 1114) purchased at Best Buy in Columbus, Ohio.  Samsungs website shows that Version 1114 was pushed on Feb 4, 2015.  I purchased this TV for my children as a christmas gift.  The only reason I purchased this tv was to run mediabrowser on it.  They made me aware on the 14th that mediabrowser was no longer working.

Does anyone know why we have to install with the develop login instead of mediabrowser not being listed in the smart hub application for download?

FrostByte

Does anyone know why we have to install with the develop login instead of mediabrowser not being listed in the smart hub application for download?

It may be a huge wait to get apps approved by Samsung and into the store and then it would take forever again to get updates there also.  I wouldn't want to wait several months for an update.  Maybe some day once we are at V1, but right now I think we are the beta testers.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

chessdragon136

You can try to download the app file, put it on a usb stick to your tv and see if you can run the app off that (I think it was only E series that even allowed this but worth a try)

I haven't worked out any reason why - Can you load other apps using the develop method?? 

Simply2Cool

I have loaded mediabrowser unto a usb stick but can not figure out how to install onto the tv.  The more apps is not available in the smart hub, it only has "whats new", "popular", and "categories".  I'm not really sure what version of smart hub I actually have.  The way I installed mediabrowser before was by holding down enter on a previously installed app until a menu opened with the develop options available.  I have not installed other develop programs,  does anyone know of an IP address that I can try another program?

bertbert72

It really looks like Samsung have broken this via a firmware change.  Given that other models in the H range don't seem to be affected, at least for now, we'll have to assume it wasn't intentional.  Ideally someone with one of the 1114 TVs should try to install another developer app (e.g. the one I posted earlier).  If it also fails then report to Samsung that the 1114 firmware has broken developer apps.

According to the forum, you can run an app from USB (on 2013+ models).  Unzip the files into a Mediabrowser folder on the stick, put it into the TV, go to Smart Hub and then select More Apps.  It'll only work while the USB stick is connected.  I'll try it out on my TV in the morning.

bertbert72

Looks like you can run an app from USB on the H series.  Unzip the files into a folder on the stick, put it into the TV, go to Smart Hub and look in the apps.  I had to go to the second page.  Look for Media Browser with the USB symbol on it.  It'll be interesting to know if this works for those having problems installing.

• Like 1

socalredneck

This is what I've tried.  I didn't know where to download the app file(s), but I downloaded a file from another thread that talks about want a "previous version needed" http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/18187-previous-version-needed-545/.  I extracted the files onto the root of a USB flash drive.  I pulled the power cord on the tv, waited a couple mins, started the tv, waited a couple mins, then went into Smart Hub, but nothing new showed up.  And I don't have anything that says "more apps", but I do have along the bottom of the screen I have 3 options, Most Popular, What's New, and Categories.  I've gone into each of these, but Media Browser doesn't show up anywhere.  I the Categories section, there are 7 other options, I have gone threw each of these, but no luck.

Also, I did everything listed above, but logged in as develop user, and no change.

I also, created a "mediabrowser" directory on the flash drive, then moved the files into it, and then did all the same things over.

I haven't tried to install another third party app yet, but that will be next.

I have attached pic's of my Smart Hub screens.

post-4276-0-15069000-1424633992_thumb.jpg

post-4276-0-15199400-1424634012_thumb.jpg

socalredneck

I feel like an idiot, nothing I do works.  I inserted the flash drive into the tv, it sees it and wants to view photos, video or music.  But nothing loads and in Smart Hub I have no way to load it.