My Theme - Prometheus

BeppoMonkeyBoy

BeppoMonkeyBoy

That's odd, the resource to file stuff is for skinning, and should ignore it if it's already there, i,ll do a quick change to fix that to see if it is indeed a red herring, it's very odd, but I know that no two installations are the same so I'll get right on it.

SilentAssassin

I know its still a work in progress but I love the look so far.

Can there be an option to remove the synopsis box from poster view, I can get that info once I enter into the details screen. I prefer just a screen full of images, also a way to resize them to fit more or less on screen.

As I don't use coverart when in the details screen there is no padding around the cover image so it doesn't look as nice as in your example with coverart.

When you are scrolling through the list of cast the disk art doesn't vanish, not sure if this was intentional but it doesn't seem right.

As I've said before this is one of the best looking themes I've seen. Congrats on the work, can't wait for it to be finished.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I've uploaded a new version, I think the resource thing was a red herring as the error trapping was correct, had a call to the old method and then the new one which was why the image was there, but try it anyway, and if it didn't work post the log again. And yes you can resize the poster view, use the configure menu and the poster size options up down, I need to do the grid spacing option, and info box on off to do what you want the options are there but those don't work in all the views (yet) and I'm aware that I need to have a look at setups that don't use cover art, as some of my views don't look right if you don't use it

SilentAssassin

I've uploaded a new version, I think the resource thing was a red herring as the error trapping was correct, had a call to the old method and then the new one which was why the image was there, but try it anyway, and if it didn't work post the log again. And yes you can resize the poster view, use the configure menu and the poster size options up down, I need to do the grid spacing option, and info box on off to do what you want the options are there but those don't work in all the views (yet) and I'm aware that I need to have a look at setups that don't use cover art, as some of my views don't look right if you don't use it

Getting the crash with this version, however don't see the error in the log anymore so guessing it was a red herring.

Where does that backdrop.png appear in the theme anyway?

BeppoMonkeyBoy

The backdrop is used as a mask on some of the screens it's the theme backdrop which I turn off on my own system anyway, :). Is there any more info in the crash log? Might be something that I havnt coded for yet.

I know its still a work in progress but I love the look so far.

Can there be an option to remove the synopsis box from poster view, I can get that info once I enter into the details screen. I prefer just a screen full of images, also a way to resize them to fit more or less on screen.

As I don't use coverart when in the details screen there is no padding around the cover image so it doesn't look as nice as in your example with coverart.

When you are scrolling through the list of cast the disk art doesn't vanish, not sure if this was intentional but it doesn't seem right.

As I've said before this is one of the best looking themes I've seen. Congrats on the work, can't wait for it to be finished.

EVERYTHING HE JUST SAID !!!!!

I really love the look, feel and speed of this theme!

Edited by rms8

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Just upped a new version, few minor changes, allowed banners to work in list view, changed the list view status flags, and fixed the disc in actors in details view as requested, still tring to get some of configurable options to work right..

SilentAssassin

Just upped a new version, few minor changes, allowed banners to work in list view, changed the list view status flags, and fixed the disc in actors in details view as requested, still tring to get some of configurable options to work right..

Still getting the crash. The MB log doesn't identify anything but I decided to look at the Windows event logs. This seems to present what the potential issue is.

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/Page#PagePrometheus'.
 Details:
  file://TSoftCustomStyles.mcml: Failure acquiring MCML markup from 'file://TSoftCustomStyles.mcml'. 
  resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/Weather: Unable to load 'file://TSoftCustomStyles.mcml'. 
  resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/LayoutRoot: Unable to load 'resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/Weather'. 
  resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/PageDetailArea: Unable to load 'resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/LayoutRoot'. 
  resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/Page: Unable to load 'resx://Prometheus/Prometheus.Resources/PageDetailArea'. 

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Just upped a new version, looks like it was referencing throgs original style sheet, as I was trying to replicate some styles, it's odd really because the weather bit dosnt work right, and I don't really like it at all on the ehs, so it's supposed to be disabled, also fixed an anchor error on list view when using banners, the whole thing needs more work

Love this theme.

I noticed that on my machine when I try and view the Music Albums view, the program crashes.  I can go into any of the other views with no issue (Movies, Music Files, TV Shows...).  Something about Music Albums.  I can go into it with the other themes though (Subdue and Chocolate).

MBClassic-132015f497e9a8427f41c78ed0cd4effa53ed9_____.log

MBClassic-13201574e9f102431749569d555f1eab9df020_____.log

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Love this theme.

I noticed that on my machine when I try and view the Music Albums view, the program crashes.  I can go into any of the other views with no issue (Movies, Music Files, TV Shows...).  Something about Music Albums.  I can go into it with the other themes though (Subdue and Chocolate).

I can't replicate this on my test rig, and i can't see anything in the logs that show me the issue (unless I'm being blind.)

I will try and set up my home system to point to my music share and see whats happening.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I did get an error, (the one that gives you the option to cancel), and the music folder showed up eventually, its fine from then on in, not sure if this is the same for you.

I did get an error, (the one that gives you the option to cancel), and the music folder showed up eventually, its fine from then on in, not sure if this is the same for you.

Yeah, thats the error.

Maybe it's just trying to cache thumbnails or something?  I'll try it again and just let it sit and see if it clears here as well.

THX !

Okay,  I gave it 30 minutes.  Still no dice :(

I can arrow over to "MUSIC" and then enter that list with no issues (it shows my music by artist).  When I arrow over to "MUSIC ALBUMS" the lower part of the screen will display the most recently added.  I can even arrow down and scroll through the most recently added and even play a track from there.  But if I try to enter the "MUSIC ALBUMS"  I get a pop-up in the lower right corner which says :

Invalid Application

unable to launch "media browser 3"

* Disable this application

OK

I have even left it in this state for 30 minutes, but still no change.

Should I clear out the logs and start all over with just this symptom and attach it?

Thanks,

Rob

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Okay,  I gave it 30 minutes.  Still no dice :(

I can arrow over to "MUSIC" and then enter that list with no issues (it shows my music by artist).  When I arrow over to "MUSIC ALBUMS" the lower part of the screen will display the most recently added.  I can even arrow down and scroll through the most recently added and even play a track from there.  But if I try to enter the "MUSIC ALBUMS"  I get a pop-up in the lower right corner which says :

Invalid Application

unable to launch "media browser 3"

* Disable this application

OK

I have even left it in this state for 30 minutes, but still no change.

Should I clear out the logs and start all over with just this symptom and attach it?

Thanks,

Rob

It might me because of the images its trying to load when you are doing "MUSIC ALBUMS" I'll try on my system when i get chance, i thought if anyone's music collection would break it it would be mine, but my setup is different from most, and i don't use the group into views option, loads of my other settings are tweaked.

I've been busy working on the next beta of the theme, which should improve how things look on extenders, as well as include chapter selection. Chapter selection works like it does in chocolate, but i'm wondering if the way i've done it fits with my look and feel.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Currently not working on this for a few days due to a little mini break with the wife and son, I have been working on a few bug fixes, as well as moving a few configure settings around and placing them into a config page, like other themes use, the drop down menu isn't easy to use and impractical input cases, I'm also doing a config menu more like chocolates, as it does the filtering stuff really well, i do have a new build but since the menus are broken I'm not going to release it till Ive got it a bit more presentable, I'll also take a look at the reported music problem as soon as I get chance,

• Like 2

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Hi, I upped a new version last night, this version has the new chocolate , style menus for filtering as well as a few extra improvements over the previous release, there are a bunch of outstanding issues, navigating to the menu using a remote or keyboard is a bit inconsistent across the screens, I've been tweaking a lot of other things in the background but if you want to give it a go let me know if you spot any bits that you think need changing...

Regarding Endtimes I'm planning to have them on all views in the bottom left hand corner, also adding to the new menus more customization options, for example changing poster art to other types.

• Like 3

yardameus

I just wanted to say I'm glad that you've jumped into the theme dev pool.  I hope you stay on and keep adding to what we all love.  Congrats on what you've accomplished so far, and I hope you get as much appreciation as you deserve, and then some.

• Like 3

SilentAssassin
  1. There is an issue using the new style config menus, when you change the view type, focus is then redirected back to the media but the menu is still open and you cannot navigate to it. I preferred the look of the original menu system.
  2. When you have the view set to thumbs it is difficult to see which is the selected item, you dim the unselected posters but the logoart and text are still at 100% brightness.
  3. Not sure on the chapter selection fly out, for one the background is too see through so a lot of the details screen is still visible. Secondly not a fan of this fly out, would be worth playing with the possibility of the chapter selection replacing the cast list in a horizontal scroll.
  4. Not a fan of having synopsis when using poster view, I like a full screen of posters, i'll get the synopsis when I enter into the details screen. Would be nice to have an option to remove it.

Thanks so far for a great looking theme, I use it as my main theme.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Thanks, I have to say theme dev is hard but that's mostly due to lack of support or experience with mcml, hopefully once MBT supports theme's it will be a lot easier to work with. Has to be noted that Cheesegeezer, is a very helpful resource.

I realize however I'm going to have to update my screen shots, so i can get more feedback from what I'm currently doing, I like my new menu's (I say new but its basically chocolates with a few tweaks), but navigating to them can be a bit of a git at the moment.

I have added a new button to my current dev build (not released it yet.) which shows a pop-up of all (well 70) of your next up items, I find this really useful, plus its a good excuse for me to play with API calls, (just need to work out how to sort the list so its more intuitive), I'm going to make it so you can turn this off too, as a lot of people probably just use the new next up feature with TV views, but my own system is a bit more customized (I use views but not the grouping), plus this list is accessible from all screens (except the final details screen), also planing a similar button for resume-able items.

• Like 2

BeppoMonkeyBoy

1. There is an issue using the new style config menus, when you change the view type, focus is then redirected back to the media but the menu is still open and you cannot navigate to it. I preferred the look of the original menu system.
  2. When you have the view set to thumbs it is difficult to see which is the selected item, you dim the unselected posters but the logoart and text are still at 100% brightness.
  3. Not sure on the chapter selection fly out, for one the background is too see through so a lot of the details screen is still visible. Secondly not a fan of this fly out, would be worth playing with the possibility of the chapter selection replacing the cast list in a horizontal scroll.
  4. Not a fan of having synopsis when using poster view, I like a full screen of posters, i'll get the synopsis when I enter into the details screen. Would be nice to have an option to remove it.

Thanks so far for a great looking theme, I use it as my main theme.

1. still working on some of the focus issues of the menus

2. I'm going to expand out the config options to change the dim values, etc.. on almost all features.

3. I'm not a fan either, I was actually thinking of putting it in the cast area, (but I'm currently, tweaking with the cast thing to do something a bit cool, like throgs old actor summary, just playing with the themoviedb api to pull out info for films not in your collection)

4. I'm going to make this an option to turn off, but i have to give it some thought, I'm not a fan of the boarders on the poster view and I'm changing a few things, eventually, coverart, clearlogos, and summarys will all be toggled.

Cheesegeezer

Thanks, I have to say theme dev is hard but that's mostly due to lack of support or experience with mcml, hopefully once MBT supports theme's it will be a lot easier to work with. Has to be noted that Cheesegeezer, is a very helpful resource.

I realize however I'm going to have to update my screen shots, so i can get more feedback from what I'm currently doing, I like my new menu's (I say new but its basically chocolates with a few tweaks), but navigating to them can be a bit of a git at the moment.

I have added a new button to my current dev build (not released it yet.) which shows a pop-up of all (well 70) of your next up items, I find this really useful, plus its a good excuse for me to play with API calls, (just need to work out how to sort the list so its more intuitive), I'm going to make it so you can turn this off too, as a lot of people probably just use the new next up feature with TV views, but my own system is a bit more customized (I use views but not the grouping), plus this list is accessible from all screens (except the final details screen), also planing a similar button for resume-able items.

70 seems quite excessive and may impact performance somewhat, i set mine to 20. Dont forget to use the TVHelper class in MBC core to allow for correct tier navigation of seies, seasons and episodes.

EDIT: also, not sure if your nextup is a RAL Option, if it is you will need to set a default to recentlyadded if the user changes theme which doesnt have it as an option.

Good work and look forward to the next release. :D

Edited by Cheesegeezer

BeppoMonkeyBoy

70 was my test number, so i could see about sorting the returned collection in some way, it's actually pretty fast at the moment, just playing around with the api stuff, as I only started messing with it to get the series rating information, but started to think bigger.