VoxComando query

saajan4u

saajan4u

hi

not sure if this is the correct place to post, as James has his own forum on the voxcomando website.

anyways I'm having a little startup connect issues, so I was wondering if one of you lovely people can help me.

I have 3 users on my setup and I user MBC as my main living room app.

I still use the WMC's built in photo, TV and music functionality still. for that reason I don't have mbc to start immediately

so what happens is when I start windows wmc loads in to its normal home page and have vox commando also starting.

but vox is waiting for mbc to load up and be already signed in.. so its missing its connection to server.

and it doesn't connect when I actually sign in to the user account I told vox to use, thought the plugin option.

apart from that once it connects it does work really well.. I just have to figure out to teach it some more commands.

also where can I get more TTS voices from?

cheers

Saj

• 2 weeks later...
illinomad

Hi,

Just came across your post. Since VoxCommando is not a plugin for MB, I'm not sure it makes sense to look for support here.

I'm a longtime Vox user, now trying out MB with Vox, and can give you a few tips. But I suggest you pose VoxCommando questions over on their forum.  VC interacts with a bunch of different programs and devices (rather than being a dedicated media program), so there is a learning curve. Better to get your advice from people who know what they're doing.

Basically, though, there is no way for VoxCommando to independently know when you have switched from WMC to MBC. All you should have to do is use the voice command "Control Media Browser Classic" (or "Set Client Media Browser Classic") once you are actually in MBC. And yes, you can change the phrases to whatever you want in the command tree editor window.

There's a ton of documentation in the VC wiki and on the forum. Lots of opinions about TTS voices over there. Try the custom search on their support page. http://voxcommando.com/home/support/

Hope that helps a bit.