Video playback frame rate poor compared to MBC

davesurfer

davesurfer

So I thought I'd try MediaBrowser Theater. I really do love the interface, looks refreshing and modern and it's very intuitive and smart. The only thing is that when I play any video it's a bit choppy and jerky, like poor frame rate. Now MBC runs smoothly, as it has always run for a long time, with no issues. I'm assuming because that's running through WMC and codecs are working for that fine. Are there other settings I need to tweak with the Theater program? Maybe some video settings or something? I just feel that it's like software rendering instead of video hardware rendering, like it's not taking advantage of my graphics card. I've also notice that scrolling through the "metro tiles" are a bit jerky and not nice and smooth and fluid. Thanks for any help as I'd love to use the Theater instead of MBC.

• 4 weeks later...
davesurfer

So I thought I'd try MediaBrowser Theater. I really do love the interface, looks refreshing and modern and it's very intuitive and smart. The only thing is that when I play any video it's a bit choppy and jerky, like poor frame rate. Now MBC runs smoothly, as it has always run for a long time, with no issues. I'm assuming because that's running through WMC and codecs are working for that fine. Are there other settings I need to tweak with the Theater program? Maybe some video settings or something? I just feel that it's like software rendering instead of video hardware rendering, like it's not taking advantage of my graphics card. I've also notice that scrolling through the "metro tiles" are a bit jerky and not nice and smooth and fluid. Thanks for any help as I'd love to use the Theater instead of MBC.

No one have a clue? I really would like to use MBT. :(

• 2 weeks later...
hydriplex

I've had the same problem for a few months now. I had to switch over to MBC, to my dismay. I was successfully using MBT for an untold number of months, ever since the public alpha was released.

I still never resolved my frame rate issues.

babgvant

How is it configured? Does it help to window (i.e. not use full screen) the app? What's CPU utilization like during playback? What GPU do you have?