back button not working on microsoft wmc remote

dropshadow

dropshadow

I just upgraded finally today to mb3 from classic 2.6 which I have been running forever. mb3 on top of win7. trying to figure out a few things, but in general pretty happy with the upgrade.

one thing I cannot figure out is that my back button on my standard Microsoft wmc remote (the popular peanut one) does not seem to work. it works fine inside windows media center so I don't understand why mb3 does not recognize the button. i have a very uncommon IR interface from an htpc case builder that no longer is around, but it has a diagnostic tool, and when I turn that on to see command sent, I do see that "window media center back" is being recognized, and like i said, windows media center does not have a problem with the button. is there something that I am missing that I need to config?

NWGiles

I use  3 different wmc remotes, the back arrow ( arrow pointing to the left) works on  mine.

same as backspace on the keyboard.

Which remote have you got please?

dropshadow

the only model number I see is a sticker on the inside of the battery cover that says RC1534526/00. it is a silver Microsoft peanut remote, with backlit buttons. it does not have the traditional color buttons that I see often on these remotes (red, yellow, green, blue). it has learning capability as well. sorry I don't know which remote this is specifically, I would have thought all Microsoft wmc remotes would send the same IR codes.

I am trying to get MBT client to respond to the back button. I also have now noticed that the fast forward and rewind buttons do not work either. although all the other buttons seem to work fine. again, everything works perfectly in windows media center itself. the only thing I seem to be able to do is navigate and OK in MBT tho.

Edited by dropshadow

NWGiles

no help this , my WMC remote work ok in MBT , pause/vol/back.

Is the reciever responding correctly? is it an usb or internal reciever?

As a temporary fix you may need to install a help program like "intelli-remote" software. It will allow you to set the ir codes specifically to keystrokes that windows understands.

• 1 year later...
dAyLiTe

I've got the same problem.

I'm using a Microsoft/Philips RC197 remote with IRTrans (latest version) and a OrigenAE VF210 VFD & IR221 receiver/blaster.

The 'Back' button is reporting correctly in IRTrans as 'back', and it works fine with the WMC Emby plugin.

It however does not work with the Emby Theatre standalone although at a glance the rest of the buttons on the remote do work.

I'm wanting to upgrade to Win10, but hesitant to do so if the Emby Theatre standalone doesn't work correctly.

This is the first time anyone's reported a back button not working, not since the app was first released that is. Without having the same remote on-hand for testing I'm really not sure what to say. I have a number of test remotes that haven't been a problem.