PCM audio only through MBC

pr3dict

pr3dict

So I went ahead and followed the guides posted here to install ffdshow 64 and mb3 server and classic. When playing any time of media it always comes out as PCM to my receiver. When I use powerdvd it bitstreams it out but not MBC... Any thoughts?!?

Thanks!

Cheesegeezer

So I went ahead and followed the guides posted here to install ffdshow 64 and mb3 server and classic. When playing any time of media it always comes out as PCM to my receiver. When I use powerdvd it bitstreams it out but not MBC... Any thoughts?!?

Thanks!

Have you disabled the DTD-DVD Audio in windows?

You on win7 or 8 or 8.1?

Did you read thru this thread as well, it may help solve your issues.  Also you can use the tools (Graphstudionext) to help troubleshoot any issues.

Let me know how you get on.

I'm not familiar with ffdshow options (there are way too many of them) but I'm sure it is a setting somewhere to bitstream vs. decode.  LAV is much simpler...

pr3dict

So I downloaded the graph thing yesterday which may I say i spretty damn coool. It did say it was using microsoft's decoder....

I think my issue is that I only have fddshow 64bit on my computer. I followed the guide and that is what it said to do if I have 64 bit players and from what I understand the internal player is 64 bit? Is that correct?

Also, I do not have DXVA as an option anywhere during my installation. 

-------------------------------

@@ebr - I am totally cool with using lavsplitter as I have heard it was simpler but from what I read, fddshow was the best case scenario for quality. 

PhinkBig

@@pr3dict - I'd be curious to know if you find a solution to this. I have the exact same issue, except I am using LAV and not fddshow. For some reason, MPC-HC will bitstream my audio without a problem, so I have that set as the external player for both MBC and MBT, but would prefer to use the internal players of both to clean things up a bit.

PhinkBig

Have you guys selected the formats you want to bitstream here?

=LAV_Audio_-_Settings.JPG

Yes, I have all the formats selected as my receiver does support them. I have checked that the LAV settings in MPC-HC and the standalone install are exactly the same. At the end of the day, I'm happy with my setup because it does work through MPC-HC, but I'm just curious what I'm missing to make it bitstream outside of that.

pr3dict

Yeah I dunno whats wrong lol. On the graph studio thing it also shows its using the ffdshow audio decoder for the audio.

54ee034c054a7_audiosettings.png

Cheesegeezer

So I downloaded the graph thing yesterday which may I say i spretty damn coool. It did say it was using microsoft's decoder....

I think my issue is that I only have fddshow 64bit on my computer. I followed the guide and that is what it said to do if I have 64 bit players and from what I understand the internal player is 64 bit? Is that correct?

Also, I do not have DXVA as an option anywhere during my installation. 

-------------------------------

@@ebr - I am totally cool with using lavsplitter as I have heard it was simpler but from what I read, fddshow was the best case scenario for quality.

You're problem is right there.... Its still using the microsoft splitter. Google radlight filter also, you can manually set your codec merits with this tool, very powerful and good. I use it for reference, but you can use it as a tool if you want.

So you need the win7 filter tweaker tool in that post, run as admin or disable UAC, you may need to take ownership of some files too to allow for this. Windows 7 really screwed stuff up for 3rd party codecs and i've written many articles for hack7mc and avforums to over come these limitations.