Can't Connect to Server Running VPN

butterblum

butterblum

I currently use a Windows PC as a client running MB Classic, with another Windows PC on my wired home network running the MB3 server. I have a problem:

Whenever I use my Private Internet Access VPN on the server PC, I cannot connect to the MB3 server from the client, although I can still communicate with it through Windows Explorer. Is there any way to work around this? I would like to keep my VPN on at all times.

Thanks

Based on that information, I'm not sure.  What does "can't connect" mean?  That could be interpreted a lot of different ways.  Please spell out exactly what you do and what happens (screen shots are best) and provide an MBC log.  Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

aspdend

I use my main windows 7 PC for MB Server and a different windows 7 PC running MB Classic. On my main PC, my VPN is running permanently and I have no trouble connecting from the MB Classic PC

butterblum

When I try to open MB Classic, the new screen shows up which displays a PIN for me to enter online. I can't proceed any further.

What do you want the log from: the server or the client?

Thanks

That means it was not able to find your server.  Do you allow UDP through your VPN?  Did you have it configured to connect directly to that server or find it automatically?

butterblum

I have an option for a "Local Port" through my VPN. I currently have it set manually as port 8096.

How can I configure a direct connection? I don't believe I have done that, so it is probably just set to automatically find my server.

You will need to get logged on to it at least once.  I need to add an option to enter the server manually from that Connect page but it isn't there right now.

If you can allow UDP traffic through your VPN, that may allow it to find it automatically.  Otherwise, you can manually edit the common config file and put in the machine name/ip address for the server.