Missing music files only in Windows Store app

icthusman1

icthusman1

I was using the app today to play music while at work. I noticed that at least one artist was not showing any albums. I did a search and found 2 of their albums and was able to play them. I could have sworn I had 4 though. So I checked in the web client and found 4 albums. I then checked in the Windows Phone app and found 4 albums.

Why can't I see two of them in this app and why must I do a search to find them?

icthusman1

Any chance of some help on this? I have noticed it in the Win8 app on two machines. My work laptop and my Surface 2 tablet while at home. Missing music that is not missing in the Win phone app or the Web app.

7illusions

Which music-layout are you using,? (Is the "Use Alternative Music-layout option enabled or not, you can check by bringing out charmsmenu -> Settings -> General)

icthusman1

Which music-layout are you using,? (Is the "Use Alternative Music-layout option enabled or not, you can check by bringing out charmsmenu -> Settings -> General)

I was using the normal layout. I just switched to the Alternative layout and the music is showing there. Thanks for that suggestion. It is a bit troubling though that it is missing in the normal layout.

Any chance you figure out what could be causing it to be missing in the normal layout?

Also, I like the alternative layout except that it has a few missing things.

• Does not allow you to queue up all albums by an artists
  • Does not allow you to queue up more than one album by an artist
  • When clicking through from the Artist view into an artists' album, the back button should take you back to where you were not to the beginning of Artist list.

Thank you for the response here sir.

• 2 weeks later...
icthusman1

I was using the normal layout. I just switched to the Alternative layout and the music is showing there. Thanks for that suggestion. It is a bit troubling though that it is missing in the normal layout.

Any chance you figure out what could be causing it to be missing in the normal layout?

Also, I like the alternative layout except that it has a few missing things.

• Does not allow you to queue up all albums by an artists
  • Does not allow you to queue up more than one album by an artist
  • When clicking through from the Artist view into an artists' album, the back button should take you back to where you were not to the beginning of Artist list.

Thank you for the response here sir.

Any chance that this is a bug that you can fix?????

icthusman1

It's on the to-do list.

Thanks. I hadn't heard anything back so I wasn't sure what was happening.