Cover Art - 3D Overlay "Trigger"

skidmarks

skidmarks

Can you please explain to me what triggers the 3D overlay for movies?  I have all of my 3D movies in a folder that is specified as movies called 3D Movies.  I have them in this structure...

D:\3D\moviename (year) [3d] [HSBS]

Does cover art look at the folder or file name?  85% of the 3D collection is getting the overlay (blue 3D text on cover).  It's not even a huge deal, but when auto box sets does it thing the 3D mixes in with the others making it impossible to know which one is which.

(thanks EBR)

CoverArt looks at the property on the item which is what you would see in the metadata editor under 3D format.

skidmarks

Thanks EBR...   Used metadata manager and found the movies with the missing 3D tags.  Fixed them right up.  I guess I am questioning a few things. 

1. How should 3D movies be put into the library?  Directory or file title must be a specific way.  Pretty sure I have them all in the same way, but as mentioned, quite a few were not being shown as 3D.

2.  I guess I need to talk to fatal, 3D type was first changed in metabrowser to reflect 3D type, but after a refresh in media browser, that info did not update.

Anyway, "problem" resolved!

Do you know of a way I can keep my 3D movies out of the "auto box sets" process?

Thanks Again!

I believe the only way to designate an item as 3D is to have one of the defined tags in the file name (or direct movie folder name) itself.  It used to be supported that you could put it on a higher level folder and it would carry down but that was removed.

You can also directly edit the property with the metadata editor as you found.

If you remove the 3D titles from the box set that was auto created, it will modify the metadata for that item and remove the TmdbCollection ID so that it won't come back - unless you refresh the actual movie again.