MBT stuck on FF?

timfield

timfield

I've done a fresh install of Media Browser Server and Theater on brand new Win8.1 machine... everything installed gloriously and seems perfect EXCEPT: movie (ie. mp4, m4v) playback on MBT "plays" at slight fast forward pace, so is jerky and audio gets out of sync immediately.

I've tried things like pressing FF, then Play again and still get Play as slight FF!!

- If I play same movies on this PC through a browser via MB Connect, all is good!

- If I set up VLC as external player in MBT and play movies with VLC, all is good!

- If I play through MBT and MB Connect installed on other PC's in my network, all is good!

I actually did a full refresh of my Win8.1 and reinstalled MB server and MBT to make sure the installs went without incident and get SAME results.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

timfield

Okay, I figured it out - in Settings for MBT I changed Hardware Acceleration Mode from Auto to Disabled and playback is good. If I set to QuickSync I get same results as Auto, so I assume MBT Auto is selecting QuickSync.

Both Nvidia CUVID and DXVA2CopyBack work, but I don't notice any difference with these than "Disabled" in video quality or CPU usage... any way to determine what acceleration modes my PC actually support?