Odd Browser Behaviour When Adding to locked boxset

Heckler

Heckler

I've noticed some odd behaviour when browsing within the browser recently.  For some reason occasionally a movie would show up without any backdrops/image... If you look at the image below, you can see two that I've highlighted. There were others that I've now watched.  It's only happened with movies.

As you can see Night at the Museum 3 and Horrible Bosses 2 (please don't judge me for having these movies :P )are both showing this behaviour when ever they are displayed on the home page. I couldn't figure out why at first... Then it hit me.

Each of these movies has been added to a boxset that is locked at the folder level to preserve metadata the way I like it.  When ever a new movie is added, I manually double check the data and correct stuff... often it's ratings not showing the UK variant, often images are ones that don't work for me and the only people I want to see listed are Director and Cast... the rest I delete because 90% of them have no images and it's just clutter in the people database... I'm not fond of clutter in my metadata... my house is a tip, but my metadata is clean.  :)

So because the boxset is locked, it can't add the metadata or images... so it shows a blank. However, after you have added the metadata and images... It still refuses to show up on the home screen no matter how many times to do a scan and refresh.

Could be a bug... can anyone else try adding a new film to a locked boxset and see if the same happens to them?

boxsetnewadditions.JPG

Edited by Heckler

• 2 weeks later...
saitoh183

Giving this a bump because this odd behaviour still happens.

I have this issue when i lock a TV show. When a new episode is added, the thumbs arent saved and the metadata isnt added. My only way around it is to unlock the current season.

• Like 1