User does not have download access

twos50

I ultimately want to give family members access to my server and download my media. So I need to "test" the MB Connect functionality to be able to explain it to the family.

So I setup MB Connect and associated my Admin server account to my MB online account(the same user im using to writing this post under).

(Question:  In order to "invite" a guest does the server account have to be an "Admin" account?? I see that an admin will be able to restrict access to guest accounts.  But I'm thinking wouldn't it be better if could setup a non-admin account that could invite guests to my sever that allows certain access.  That way guest accounts will not have nor be associated to an admin at all.   I may be off base here..  So it's just a question)

Main question :

When I sign into the online account from work,over the internet, and try to download some media I get the following error below even though my server "Admin" account is configured to allow downloads.  The funny thing is that when I log into my server from home not using MB Connect, just using my home network IP addy, Im able to download media.  Is this functionality not allowed over the internet? 

Error Code SecurityException Message User does not have download access. Stack Trace at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateRoles(List`1 roles, User user) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName

Edited by twos50

NANO SHELL

I am having the same issue. Every time I try to download it brings up the below message. On the Dashboard under 'Users'/>(MY USER)/>'Profile' Tab, under the 'Feature Access' Sub-heading, "Allow Media Downloading" is ticked. "Allow this user to manage the server" is also ticked. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Response Status Error Code SecurityException Message User does not have download access. Stack Trace at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateRoles(List`1 roles, User user) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.Authenticate(IServiceRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues) at MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.AuthenticatedAttribute.RequestFilter(IRequest request, IResponse response, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFiltersSingle(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)

twos50

Are we the only ones that have this issue??  Or are we the only ones that don't know how to set it up??  :)

NANO SHELL

I don't know, not to sure how to get anyone to notice this post as this is really bugging me.

martikainen1

how i cAN WATCH ANYTHINKG? what i have to do first and second and......

• 4 weeks later...
immortal

You don't need to download to watch...

I'm getting the same permissions issue with streaming movies also, but not music. The kicker is it's not pasting anything in the logs.

for kicks can you try creating a fresh new user and see if it works with them? 

hoxtonia

I added a new user as a guest account today and gave them download privileges - I can confirm they experience the same error message in the browser and cannot download.

It would also be great to be able to configure when each user can actually download - between certain hours would be useful

• 7 years later...
chmatrix

I had the same issue with the last user account created on my server. (vers. 4.7.8.0)

After trying several possible solutions, the one that worked for me was to remove the privilege on this account, save the modification, give the privilege again, save again then ask the user to disconnect and reconnect.

I hope that this solution will work for others.