Metadata issues

abuthemagician

abuthemagician

So this is my first post and first issues with MediaBrowser. I have searched but cannot find anything like what I am seeing. I even uninstalled MB Server, deleted it's directories, then reinstalled to no avail.

Here is what I am seeing:

1. When looking at both Metadata Manager and Media Browser Client, TV shows are listed fine, but it does not show any season numbers, just all the episodes under the one title. My folder layout is as follows:

E:\TV\Show Name\Season #\Episode S##E##.mp4

When I look at the metadata, all episodes have the correct season number and episode number.

2. One of my movie folders keeps getting detected as a single movie even though it has about 20 in it. That folder looks like this:

E:\DVDs\Temp\Regular Movies

E:\DVDs\Temp\Kids Movies

The regular movies folder never shows up in MD Manager, just the first movie in the folder when I expand out the DVDs\Temp location in MD Manager. The kids movies folder shows up, as well as all the movies.

Both of these issues started recently. I am on Version 3.0.5518.7 from the Beta channel. Including the logs as well.

Log.zip

abuthemagician

When I select a show, it no longer has the episodes listed under each season. They are just all listed there and there is no indication of what season the episodes go to. Also in metadata editor when you expand the show folder it doesn't list season folders, just episodes.

All of the movies are complete DVD rips, folders are named what the DVD name orinally would such as e:\dvds\temporary\regular\die_hard\video_ts

Ok, I'm not sure what it is so maybe some screenshots would be helpful. Can we see screenshots of an example series and season folder? and also one of a movie folder? thanks.

abuthemagician

I Might have figured it out. I have folders named \TV Shows\Kids and \TV Shows\Regular with shows under each level. MediaBrowser keeps identifying the Kids folder as "Tom And Jerry Kids Show", and the Regular folder as "The Regular Show"

So basically I have:

E:\TV Shows\Kids\ With lots of shows under it

and 

E:\TV Shows\Regular\ with lots of shows.

How do I get it to stop seeing Kids and Regular as TV Shows and just be sub folders? I suspect that's whats happening to my movies folders too. I still want it all segregated so that the kids have their folders and my wife and I have all of them. I am currently setup with just one user.

You'll have to re-setup the library for TV.

Add TV Shows with content type unset.

Then in the metadata manager, set the content type of Kids and Regular to TV. Then rescan.

For movies that is likely not the problem because they can handle this situation.

abuthemagician

I decided to just add a second user called kids and re-setup the whole thing, with separate libraries for Kids Movies, Kids TV, Kids Anime, Parents Movies, Parents TV, Parents Anime and Exercise. Then Added Just the kids folders to the kids user and put a pin on the Parents folder. This fixed the issue. Still not really sure why it stopped working the way I had it, but oh well. Thanks for the help. This will actually work out better for us.