Digging into the "Unhandled exception" Error

Menissalt

Menissalt

I've been getting the "Unhandled exception: only allows one usage of each socket address" at least once a day now and I've researched previous threads and the alert in general. It means that my port (80) is being used. Normally with Media Browser this happens after an update or if you accidentally configure the program to run at start on Winodws and run as a service. The error can also happen if you have another program/service attempting to use the same port as Media Browser. 

I've addressed all these possibilities, I was running the program and the service, however I still receive this error frequently. Looking in to it I've noticed that the ffmpeg proccess is freezing and then I get the error. Then I'm unable to connect to my Server until I kill ffmpeg. I'm going to enable logging and see if I can catch the error next time it happens.

This is all about a stranded ffmpeg process.  The message about the port is a red herring (or weird side-effect).

The problem is some client is leaving a ffmpeg process going and if you try to start the server with that stranded process, it will throw that port error but then continue on and fail in some subsequent action later on.

Killing the stranded ffmpeg process will fix it and allow the server to start.

Menissalt

From what I've seen you're exactly right. I've been monitoring my server pretty closely trying to nail down the real culprit. I haven't had the error again yet, but logging is enabled.