Issue with Album Artist

fredg89

fredg89

So I'm having an issue where on some of the albums, the artist shows up so that you can easily switch to the artist bio but in others they don't. As you can see in the pictures posted below, it creates kind of a hyperlink and in the other it doesn't, is there some way to fix this or is this just a bug. Seperatly It's my understanding that under album artists it shows all the albums that the artist is featured on and I get that although I feel there should be an option where just that artist albums appear and then the songs they are featured on show up in "songs". Anyway, does anyone have a fix or a workaround for my issue? Also, I'm having an issue where the artist picture doesn't show up in the media browser app for the phone, is that a bug as well?

yt7ERHY.png

sjUTdcL.png

ginjaninja

Have you checked mp3tag info for top one has drake as album artist?

I agree that views with  albums as album artist separately from albums with songs as artist would be a big step forward...There is a feature request for this you can vote for...

• Like 1

fredg89

Yep, I made sure to set MusicBrainz Picard to delete exisiting tags before writing the new ones. Here's a picture of the one that I posted that isn't showing.

ZsKM3VF.png

ginjaninja

the only time i see albums correctly tagged but without album artist is when they have not been scanned fully yet...i guess you have tried a refresh on the album? otherwise its a bit odd because album artist is a result of local fetching (ffprobe) rather than internet fetching..so not much opportunity to go wrong.

try running ffprobe on the content to see what it sees...

ps if you have an artist image thats not showing on only one client..then sounds like a bug worth reporting in a specific client forum...maybe its unusual image...hjgh res?

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

I have just added an album...an no matter what i do ..I can not get album artist to show for the new album....

Version 3.0.5544.3402

ginjaninja

Version 3.0.5550.1559

no problem now....album artist is being populated for me...