Audio Track/Subtitle Track

Smaky

Smaky

I was wondering if there is a way to select the audio track and subtitles track to be played. I know you may go to settings and then there you may change default audio/subtitles. I would also like to be able to do this at the media level just before playing. Is this somethig already implemented or would it be a feature request?

chessdragon136

Sorry but this isn't practical because

1. The user may select an audio track / subtitle that requires transcode while there is a better option to play without. Letting the player pick the best version for the device and then altering during playback is for the best.
  2. For a lot of films, I have 4 different embedded audio tracks and 32 subtitle languages. Creates a UI mess! 

Smaky

I undestand what you mention about the subtitles... but this is more critical when you talk about audio tracks. All my movies for the kids normally have both English and Spanish audio tracks. Being able to select the audio track to play would be best as the options menu is complicated for them (5 and 10 year old).

If there were a menu (similar to that  on the chapters that would show all available audio track - that´s normally one to four tops) would allow them to select the language easily.