Why No Chromecast support?

Mfgiuliano

Mfgiuliano

First off I am just an end user and don't know what is involved, but I don't understand why Chromecast is not supported for windows 8.1 or windows phone. There are several apps that cast to chromecast. Just don't understand why the ability is absent for Media Browser or Plex for that matter.

Thanks

Google has released developer libraries for many platforms, but not Windows unfortunately. The windows phone apps that do support it have reverse engineered it, which I think will probably violate Chromecast terms of service. So it starts by requesting google to release an SDK for windows.

Mfgiuliano

Google has released developer libraries for many platforms, but not Windows unfortunately. The windows phone apps that do support it have reverse engineered it, which I think will probably violate Chromecast terms of service. So it starts by requesting google to release an SDK for windows.

Thanks for the response. I thought it was more apathy on the part of developers, but what you said makes sense.

Xzener

Yes, also Google and Microsoft don't have a very good relationship either. I think its more of a grudge type thing personally. <_<