Delete Media From Web Interface

Guest molten360

Guest molten360

Im testing out the Delete media from the web interface. I selected a season of a show and deleted it. Instead of taking me back 1 level to the show, it took me back to the main page of the web interface. Not sure if this is just a bug but its a little annoying. Is there a way I can fix this. Or is there a way I can delete a season from the main page of a show instead?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

the content that has been deleted needs to be removed out of the metadata manager sidebar. the redirect it's doing now is just a poor man's way of doing it until more time can be spent on it later.

Guest molten360

the content that has been deleted needs to be removed out of the metadata manager sidebar. the redirect it's doing now is just a poor man's way of doing it until more time can be spent on it later.

Ah Ok. The poor mans way is getting on my nerves. Lol. How hard was it to redirect to the main page, and how hard would it be to redirect one level up?

EDIT: Not trying to sound like a jerk. just curious as I am not a programmer

Edited by molten360

techywarrior

lol, I don't even see the option to delete so I can't test but I don't actually think this would be very hard at all.

You can remove the element from the tree with jQuery by doing $(".libraryTree #{guiid of the item delete}").remove(); and then trigger clicking on the parent's link

$(".libraryTree #{guiid of the item delete}").parent().parent().find("a:first-of-type").trigger("click");

If you need to reload the page then you can reload it to the deleted item's parent by finding the guid like this:

$(".libraryTree #{guiid of the item delete}").parent().parent().attr("id");

I'd have to see where the delete code actually is to test any of that out, and make sure there isn't something more complex going on, but I suspect it's not done because it's not a high priority and not because it's hard.

techywarrior

Well, there you go.  Techy is going to do it for us.  Thanks, Techy :).

lol, I would do it if I could find the delete!

Was it removed and then just put back in the dev or is it supposed to be showing up in the latest stable? I don't see delete for any of my media in the metadata manager.

Happy2Play

lol, I would do it if I could find the delete!

Was it removed and then just put back in the dev or is it supposed to be showing up in the latest stable? I don't see delete for any of my media in the metadata manager.

Did you disable it?

5509d4bbc6d4d_users.jpg

techywarrior

haha, thanks Happy.

No, but yes. I either did it a long time ago and never remembered. Or one of the updates split that option out and it was disabled by default (which makes sense) and I never went to look for it.

Guest molten360

haha, thanks Happy.

No, but yes. I either did it a long time ago and never remembered. Or one of the updates split that option out and it was disabled by default (which makes sense) and I never went to look for it.

Holy updates to this thread batman

Thanks for the update Techy.

techywarrior

Strange, in testing the current code delete works but it doesn't refresh the page at all.

Edited by techywarrior

techywarrior

I submitted a pull request for Luke to look at. No promises since it's now up to him to accept it or not but it does work.

When you delete an item it will now remove that item from the tree, look for the next sibling (next movie in the list etc.) if no next (end of the list) it will check for a previous (if no previous, because you deleted the only entry) it will go to the parent and load that.

In my testing everything appeared to work nicely but some people may have weird setups (pretty sure it won't matter with the way I did it). The page also doesn't reload, it instead just loads the new data, like if you clicked on an item, so any tree branches you had open etc. will stay how they are.

• Like 2