How to remote control MBT?

illinomad

illinomad
Hello,

Newbie here.

I currently have installed:

1. MB Server release v3.0.5518.7 (not the beta) on a W7 machine.

2. MBT 3.0.5531.26414 (claims to be up to date) on another W7 machine.

... I also have MB Classic installed on the same machine as MBT, and am facing different issues with that, but I'll look into that later on a more appropriate board.

The problem I am having is that I can't seem to remote control the MBT client.

In the Server interface, the MBT client shows up in the remote control Select Player list (see screen capture).

If I start playing a file directly within MBT (i.e., not using remote control), the Server's "now playing" screen does seem to show what's playing in MBT (again, see screen capture). 

54f5d58861eaf_MBS_RC_screen.png

However, I am not able to use *any* of the remote control actions via the Server to control what is happening in MBT.

I have tried all the "now playing" buttons and those shown in the "controls" tab. 

I did not try the "advanced" options.

I seem to be able to remote control MB-Classic without any obvious issues (as mentioned, it's on the same computer as MBT).

All computers on my LAN can see one another. I don't have any problems accessing my library from the MBT client. When I installed MBS, I made sure to create a firewall exception to allow MBS to communicate with other programs on my private network.

My question is: what do I need to do in order to be able to remote control my MBT client? 

Thanks a lot for your time.

P.S. I tried to attach a log for the Server but the forum is telling me the file was too big (~12MB). Probably hours of irrelevant logging on there. Let me know if you need me to re-create the problem and try again with the log.

Xzener

MBT is in the process of being overhauled. The current "Official" build downloaded from MB3s website may have been broken by a recent Server release. It may (or may not) be fixed. I'm sure either Luke or Aphid may chime in here and give you an update on the matter.

jordy

This has happened before. The next MBT update (if there is one) usually fixes it. :)

illinomad

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still trying to figure out what client will work for my needs. So far, the Dashboard is closest to what I'm looking for, but maybe that's just a lack of knowledge of how to customize things.

jordy

Looks like you be in for a fun time testing them all out. My preference is for MBT, but I don't use in for music or photos...

blackmamba

I am having similar issues... everything installed in the last week (gave up on MB 6 months ago because of various bugs and issues but trying to give it another go)

MB Server release v3.0.5518.7 (not the beta) on a W7 machine.

MB Android App installed on Android box RKM902II connected to the HDMI port on the TV 

Windows Phone8 App

Windows 8.1 Desktop - Chrome Browser - MB web interface 

So I had opened the Android App.

On Desktop and WIndows Phone the 'Remote' shows 1 Chrome Desktop and 2 RKM Android icons for me to choose. No idea why there are 2 RKM icons. 

From desktop - select the first RKM icon.

Go to 'movies' and select something to play, it starts on the RKM box.

The Desktop  shows the player controls at the bottom of the screen underneath the episode overview.

The time of the movie doesn't update just shows 0:00 but duration is correct.

I click pause, the movie pauses.

The player controls however still shows the pause button and it is now impossible to resume playing the movie.

Try clicking pause again 'there was an error processing your request please try again later'

Only option is to press stop which forces the movie to exit on the Android box and the player controls to be removed on the desktop and then press play again from the overview on the Desktop

Similar issues using the Phone App except everything is ignored unless you find a movie and click 'play on' and then select the Android box every time you want to start. (ie you can't select the target first like you can on the desktop)

Rob

Edited by blackmamba

• 2 weeks later...
elshagon

I'm having the same problem with controlling MBT with the web browser or the smartphone.  I didn't see this thread so reinstalled both MBT and the server from scratch and still can't control MBT remotely.  The main thing I like with remote control is the ability to shuffle my playlists.  I wish this ability was built in to the MBT program (shuffle playlists).

• 3 weeks later...