Sorting videos

rmasri

rmasri

Hi guys, 

Ok so I just started using Mediabrowser server about a month ago and I love the new interface.  Although I have a few newbie questions which are really bugging me.  I am using Kodi as the front end media player and Mediabrowser server as the backend.  Both Kodi and Mediabrowser are sitting on the same windows PC, and the video files are sitting on my Synology NAS.  

1.First of all when I open Kodi I am noticing that it sometimes it take about 4-6 seconds for everything to load up, other times takes about 8-10 seconds.  Is this normal timing?

2.I am noticing that I can't sort my movies inside Kodi or Mediabrowser theater unless they are in a sub-folder.  Is that supposed to happen or is it because the files are not local to mediabrowser?

3.Even when I place the files in a sub-folder, I can't sort by movie duration (run time) i.e. shorter movies first and so on.  Any reason why?

At first I though it was a skin thing for points 2 and 3, but I tried multiple skins and even the Mediabrowser theater has the same behaviour.  I am currently using the titan mediabrowser skin inside Kodi.

Thank you,

elcabong

1.  yes, this is normal, and initial load time will depend on your system performance and network connection to the server.  Since MB server is the backend for Kodi, data needs to be loaded on boot. it takes a little time to get the connection established and widgets populated.

2.  there is an option in the mb addon for Kodi that chooses if you want server side (mb server) or kodi sort order for your media.  I havnt played around too much with that setting, but try it out in kodi and see if you can change the sort order.

3.  this may be the same as 2.  but generally, ive found the media to be better supported when they are in their own folders.

rmasri

That's interesting I guess I should have played around with the configuration section a little bit more.  But I guess being a newbie your afraid of messing something up.

Enabling the Kodi sorting option allowed me to be able to sort the movies without having to enter them into sub folders ... thank you very much for that tip. Although it still doesn't do sorting by duration, it only sorts by Title, date, genre, year and rating.  I also noticed that there isn't an entry for duration in the metadata manager, could that be the reason why I can't sort by duration?

Thanks

jluce50

We do not support it right now, I can look into adding it.

xnappo

That would be great. Is there any chance of adding "Date added" and "Aired date" as well?

xnappo

So looks like the Kodi Python API doesn't have any of those:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/docs/python-docs/14.x-helix/xbmcplugin.html

(see addSortMethod)

The server side sorting (default - turn Kodi sorting off) does offer Date added and Aired date.  It does not have duration, but I can add it.  The server side sorting is accessed via the context menu - maybe the OP didn't know that?

• Like 1

jluce50

The server side sorting (default - turn Kodi sorting off) does offer Date added and Aired date.  It does not have duration, but I can add it.  The server side sorting is accessed via the context menu - maybe the OP didn't know that?

Ah, I didn't know that either. Cool!

xnappo

Sort by duration(runtime) in server sort mode is in beta 0.9.814 which should hit the repo shortly.

It is the last item in the list, which at least in Nox you have to scroll down to see.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo