Keeping track of deleted series

jani

Possible new user here. MediaBrowser definitely looks an interesting piece of software, especially when the offline sync feature lands.

Anyway, my question is about keeping track of the watched and thus deleted series.. How do I do that? I know it's possible with eg. Trakt, but I'd prefer not to send out the data.

With Kodi, I used 0 byte files and they would appear in the library, but that doesn't seem to work with MB

I guess I jumped the gun. MB is still scanning my library and the 0 byte files just started to appear. Great!

Now, how do I delete the topic :)

Edited by jani

well truthfully you should use the stub feature. 0 byte files may cause the server to report scanning errors trying to pull media info. but hey if it's working for you.

• Like 1

Give your 0-byte files a .disc extension and then the system will recognize them as place holders and not try to analyze or play them.

• Like 2

actually what are we talking about here. you don't need any stubs for episodes. just turn on display of missing and unaired episodes. you can mark them as watched, favorite, etc. all the same.

• Like 1

actually what are we talking about here. you don't need any stubs for episodes. just turn on display of missing and unaired episodes. you can mark them as watched, favorite, etc. all the same.

Yeah, that's an even better solution since it is TV.

• Like 1

Oh, thanks for the tips all!

The stubs seems to be a feature I could upgrade to with movies. The "display of missing and unaired episodes" is indeed an upgrade too and exactly what I'm looking for! Definitively moving my collection from Kodi to MB :)

Now I'm glad I jumped the gun and found something better!

Edited by jani
  • Like 1