Issue with titles that won't go away (tied to Compilations?)

dayoff
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

dayoff

I just noticed something as I'm cleaning up my library.  I have some titles that I couldn't get rid of...basically I deleted the folder from my hard drive, but they kept appearing in the MediaBrowser interface.  The metadata was there as well, pointing to a directory that used to exist, but not any longer.

What I seemed to find, is all of these had the same thing in common....they automatically got pulled into collections.  So, I had a title that got detected as a sequel to another title (even though it was just a trailer or something that wasn't named properly)...and the next thing you know, I couldn't delete it, until I deleted the collection that it was a part of, and then the title disappeared and I could recreate the collection. 

I was driving myself crazy for a while, as I kept having the same title showing multiple times in the movie interface, and couldn't figure out why I couldn't remove it once and for all..

Is there a 'collection cleanup' utility that checks to see if the collections are including movies that no longer exist in the library?

Pete

• Solution

it's an open issue that will be resolved in a future release.

• Like 1