Server Crashing

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Every time I start to stream TV to my Roku. My MediaBrowser server crash's. I have cleaned all the logs and even rebooted the machine that it resides on. When this happens I am unable to get to the web interface, either by IP or LocalHost. I am not sure what is causing this other then I just started to use Live TV on my Roku more any help would be appreciated. Attached is the logs.

54f871952496a_MediaBrowser.png

Server: 3.0.5518.7

ServerWMC: 1.0.0.52

Roku Client: 1.87

Logs.zip

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Have not tried that yet as I am at work and the wife is watching live TV

CBers

A reboot normally clears that error, but you say you've done that, so just reinstalling over the top should fix it.

Let us know how you get on.

mediacowboy

I was able to install the server on top of what was there and had my wife start streaming TV again and got that error message again.

The original message you posted, I believe, is due to you trying to start the server with a stranded ffmpeg process running.  This is why a reboot clears it up - because that ends up killing the stranded process.  Instead of rebooting, the next time this happens, look in task manager for any stranded ffmpeg processes and kill them.  Then re-start the server.

However, if the server is crashing during streaming, then that is probably something else.  The log you posted did not appear to contain a crash.

mediacowboy

@@ebr, It is actually crashing showing the dialog box from my first post ever time. The server has been up and running since the last crash but my wife hasnt tried watching Live TV. I will test more tonight.

TolkienBard

The original message you posted, I believe, is due to you trying to start the server with a stranded ffmpeg process running.  This is why a reboot clears it up - because that ends up killing the stranded process.  Instead of rebooting, the next time this happens, look in task manager for any stranded ffmpeg processes and kill them.  Then re-start the server.

However, if the server is crashing during streaming, then that is probably something else.  The log you posted did not appear to contain a crash.

For the last 2-3 weeks I have had repeated crashes due to hanging ffmpeg processes. Unfortunately, I am usually discovering this hours after the server has been offline. From what I have been able to suss out doing my own experimenting, is that the ffmpeg process is getting hung up when the playback client is not carefully closed out step-by-step. For instance, if someone just uses the "closeout x" during playback, or if someone backs out of the Samsung app rather than stopping then exiting, the instances of ffmpeg hangups increase significantly. This didn't used to be an issue, so I am assuming it has to do with server updates.

This coming weekend I will probably be reverting back to a previous build to see if that clears things up, since this entire next week the server is going to see substantial use from numerous users.

TelemonianAjax

Ugh, I lost my first version of this.  Here we go again.  

Having the same socket address error and it's getting more aggressively in the way.  Since I have started typing, it has crashed twice while playing a file (iOS app casting to Chromecast).  I have seen the ffmpeg process hanging when transcoding DIVX/MKV files but the server crashing is apparently unrelated.  This is my first post here so I can't upload rars or more than 10 files, so I'm putting together some related logs to help narrow the problem down.  

I've been using MB Classic since 2009 or so and since buying the Chromecast I have switched over to only the server to feed the app and the 360. I did a fresh install of the server last night (maintaining settings and cache) and the problem is, if anything, worse. I have the kids using the WMC Videos library instead of MB (the menus moved too slowly for them to be able to make use of it on the 360), and the crashes are happening when both are being used - could that have something to do with it? 

So here's what I'm thinking are the issues at hand:

- MKV transcoding

- interference between chromecast and the 360 connection

- iOS app connection problem?  When I use the Android app or the browser things seem stable but my wife's iPhone is the one that is always casting when crashes happen (or, it is the one that can't connect when we go to start something).   

- Some combination of these

- Aliens.  Maybe.  

server-63561406153.txt

transcode-ffabaa1b-7bee-400f-a627-ec65d1094aa0.txt

server-63561404407.txt

transcode-26507783-fa56-417c-b653-c9a388700bf0.txt

unhandled_1f43166d-bb0a-4bab-9063-36a352e0e5ee.txt

transcode-2edcd457-3e99-4306-9bb5-03dd26b01619.txt

transcode-ce684b9e-3702-4556-8f1c-3bec9c87de09.txt

transcode-e83b4104-301f-420b-938f-3fe261ad0afc.txt

server-63561403050.txt

unhandled_00cc4659-e6a6-42ff-a7ce-d0b8eb736ff3.txt

mediacowboy

After it running fine all weekend it happened again. Attached are my logs. I notice It had did it killed FFmpeg in task manager relaunched it and it crashed right way. Killed FFmpeg again and started Mediabrowser again and it is up for now. If you need further back please ask.

Logs.zip

Edited by mediacowboy

TolkienBard

I have not recorded from live TV in quite some time now. Those shows I like (there is only a small handful) I either buy a season pass for, or I get on disc. However, when I did record from live TV, I always did so through WMC. For all the things that MS has been hit and miss on over the years, WMC was one of those things that the actually got right, and in a big way. It's too bad the stopped supporting it.

mediacowboy

Well the reason I asked is I have noticed everything time my wife watches TV on my roku is when it crashes.

mediacowboy

Can anyone help with this as it is becoming more and more frequent

TelemonianAjax

Are you simultaneously connecting from multiple clients using the same user account with user account enabled? I have been paying attention and that seems to have cleared up my situation. The only time I have seen it in a week was when we were both trying to connect at the same time.

mediacowboy

Yes but that has never been an issue before. Also every time the server crashes ffmpeg is running in the background it seems.

mediacowboy

@@Luke, thank you I will do some more digging. Thank you for the information I thought I was losing my mind.