Hangs if phone is locked then unlocked during playback

paul777

paul777

I have noticed an issue with the current Android client (I have only just started using it so have no idea about the history). If the screen goes off/locks during playback or while playback is initialising the app hangs with just a black screen, the phones back button does nothing and I have to swipe from the notification area, go into settings/apps and force stop the application. I have also noticed that the automatic screen off/lock timeout is prevented once playback has begun but isn't prevented during the initialisation period between hitting play and the video starting which is how I tend to run into this issue.

The issue can be reproduced for me by starting a video playing, then hitting the power button on my phone to turn the screen off, then turning it back on again and swiping the unlock pattern. HTC One X+ on stock ROM.

(Overall I'm loving what Media Browser has become - I used to contribute to the MediaBrowser project back in 2009 but am only just getting round to transitioning my use to MB3)

Edited by paul777