Play files from XBMC UPNP/DLNA server (not to xbmc!!)

xayide

xayide

Is it possible to browse movies/tv-shows residing on an Windows machine with XBMC running 24/7. XBMC is allowing remote UPNP/DLNA connections. This would make it possible to stream from rar. Since XBMC shares files from RAR although the remote client ses the files on the DLNA/UPNP as normal movies without the RAR-container around them.

• 2 weeks later...
Deathsquirrel

If you mean to have the mb server play movies it gets through dlna from kodi, no.  The mb server doesn't have a dlna client built in that I know of.

xayide

Ok, my results are mb cannot find the kodi-server. Will current state of mb support API allow the creation of a client serverside?

Skickat från min iPhone

Deathsquirrel

I have to admit I'm struggling to see the value of adding a DLNA client to the MB server to do playback from Kodi.

Deathsquirrel

I'm not on the dev team but I feel pretty safe in saying this won't be implemented as a workaround to add support for playing media in RAR files.

There is already a feature request for RARed media support.  It appears to be going nowhere fast, but it's logged and the devs have been involved in the discussion.

xayide

I really do hope. Or i guess some day kodi will have its own html5-player and transcoder. MB has by far the smoothest transcoder and html5-player.

Skickat från min iPhone