Server - Missing translations

Luke

This is a place for translators to report content that is not available to be translated, thus always displaying in English.

Let's limit this thread to web client only, and core server only (no plugin pages). We can always create similar threads for other apps.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Migmac04

I will start to post the screens and strings I still see them in english.

1. The splash screen when loading the server is in english. I suppose it is an image

2. In the server dashboard, under active devices section, the message "last seen {0} minutes ago" is not localized

3. Under User Parental Control, after I add the scheduled access for a certain user (the strings in the add screen are ok), the day of the week of the sceduled access is displayed in english (ie sunday)

4. In the screen to add a guest (under Users), the gray text "username" inside the field to add the username or email address is in english 

5. When you left a mandatory field blank, the error message is in english "Please fill out this field."

Later I will post some more. Thanks

Migmac04

Some more:

1. Under Library|Folders, when adding new media folders, if you leave the content type blank, the error message is not localized "Please select an item in the list"

2. in the page Media library|Folders (library.html), under the button Scan Library there is the text to show the status of the last scanning. The text is localized but the status text is not localized (ie "completed")

3. In the Dashboard|Settings page (dashboardgeneral.html), the list of the preferred languages available are all in english.

4. Same as the item 3 above in the metadata.html page to choose the desirable language and country for metadata download (both languages and countries are in english)

5.Same as last 2 items for subtitles download (page metadatasubtitles.html)

6. In the page Metadata|Nfo the Release Date Format the drop down option initials are in english (yyyy-MM-dd)

AlwinHummels

On the sheduled tasks the "last time an hour ago take {0} second(s). the bold items are not translated.

• 4 weeks later...
emby.ch

This isn't really "missing" - but for the style a thing to change:

5537b020129c7_autoorganise.jpg

Maybe you can keep it in one row.

Best regards,

Fino

• 1 month later...
Tranquil

I changed it to "Autom.Organisation" so that it does not need a new line. 

• 4 weeks later...
Smaky

In general the notification system is lacking translation capabilities. All notifications show up in the Inbox in English.

techywarrior

In general the notification system is lacking translation capabilities. All notifications show up in the Inbox in English.

That would require some sort of automated translation system because there would never be enough time for all the translations to be written before a notification would need to be sent.

Perhaps tying into Google Translate or something would at least give those who can't understand/read English an idea of the notification's meaning.

Smaky

I would assume notification text is fixed somewhere, right? Set by the author to be thrown upon specific events. Can those strings be identified and translated? My take is that if there is no translation the original one provided by developers should be sent. Not sure how the translation engine works but I would guess these strings should behave similarly to any other string in the application. Maybe I am wrong though.

My point is that the whole notification interface cannot be translated, notice below that lot´s of headers (per notification) may be translated easily... (x hours ago, x-y of zz, Notification titles, etc.).

558776d5a5947_20150621_214329.jpg

Edited by Smaky

since the notifications are all user-customization that is why to this point i haven't added them to the dictionary.

techywarrior

Ah, not the notifications I thought you meant. I was thinking the announcment notifications.

emby.ch

Hii all, if we want to delete a person, there's a missing string. In german it shows up:

"Möchtest du {0} wirklich löschen?"

Can you fix this, so we can see the correct name?

Thx!

djonnie

found 2 places where translation is needed, not sure though if it's corrected in a newer version

"password"

559567b747b7e_1.jpg

and "save"

559567cbd973b_2.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Asterix_cz

Hello,

Language: Czech

On the home screen labels like My Media, Next Up, Latest ....are in english, When I open Home screen setting, everything is in english. But, when I switch language to for example German, all this is correctly translated into german??

Is there missing something in OneSky? Or some other problem?

59c7bb7a3b27a_translation.jpg

Asterix_cz

yes, I looked there and searched for Latest Movie, Next Up, My Media etc ... there were these texts several times on onesky, but all of them were translated, even in language file I saw these translated. Is it possible, that translation of this text is missing in onesky ??