No play button iPad app

ryzilla

ryzilla

hey all

I'm having issues with my iPad i can not play any tv or movies as there is no play button. I'm sure it's easy fix but any ideas would be good.

Cheers

Ry

post-5443-0-40647600-1426754997_thumb.jpg

skynet600

I have this issue on one of my older ipads to.  Very odd.  Tried a re-install several times.   What ipad version do you have and are you using family sharing to download the app?

For now would suggest trying to manage via safari. The app is for the most part not supported or updated in ages (at least in comparison to all of the other apps/devices)

• 2 weeks later...
swhitmore

+1 this has happened to me, no ipad support = all family back to using plex....... :(

You can you the web client in the meantime. It works really well on the iPad.

Bummer, just bought this app for my new ipad air, and yup, no play button.

looks pretty, just won't do anything.

Haha

psymon_e

This is disgraceful, come on!  The app is completely broken, and has essentially stolen £3 from me.

Either fix the bug, or don't charge.

Pirlo1966

I Agree. $3 for an app that has no play button ... remove it from the store!!! 

• Like 1

Sarithz

Still broken. Plex works and I think the app should be pulled from the store. Ridiculous that they charge for a nonfunctional app.

Sorry guys, this app was developed by a community member who is no longer around, and they own the app. We are currently working on a brand new app for iOS that will be open source and bring it up to the same feature level as the web client. In the meantime we are doing our best to try and keep this app compatible. I have tested and I am unable to reproduce this issue. I can play just fine, so I wonder if there is some combination of server settings that creates this.

darwindeeds

The issue is reproducible in Server version 3.0.5572.0

It looks like the server switch from User “Configuration” to “Policy” broke the app -- because the app was respecting the “EnableMediaPlayback” property of the "Configuration" object.

We have pushed a hot fix to the AppStore which takes a few days to get approved.

Reference Commit for devs:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/commit/e42404d65f33419d6b74904eb379f0b4f1448460#diff-29f1f695b2885a028e627ddbe0cc58c8

Apologize for the issue guys!

• Like 1