Media Browser Classic Initial Backdrop

cue1boy

If you like you can install the dev version and let me know if it is working for you.

CashMoney

Yes, i'll give it a go. Where do I download that version?

Login to EmbyClassic with an Admin account. Go to Configuration - Advanced. Middle options under "Updates", change the system update level to Dev. Then check for update.

HTH

Edited by CashMoney

Then I will need more information on exactly what the issue is.  Screenshots are best.

Yeah, okay, I don't think that is going to work anymore because none of the other apps have a concept of images for the "root" folder and, thus, the server doesn't either.

What you can do is put your backdrop into your individual views.  In fact, this will allow it to be different for each item on the home screen.

cue1boy

Not sure I know where you mean. How do I get the image to show on the screen posted above. I have backdrop images for all my other media items as shown here.550f1638a3cdf_backdrop.jpg

Bring up the web client home page and edit the views that show there.  Use the Images tab to provide backdrop images for each of the top level items.

cue1boy

I already have backdrop images for each of the top level items as shown above for Music Concerts, Sport, TV Series etc. I want the image to be visible on the homepage behind the top level items which worked before I updated. Is there anywhere to download the previous version of MBC that worked

Okay, then I guess the Diamond theme is not supporting backdrops for those top level items.  Chocolate (and I think most of the other modern themes) will.  Diamond hasn't really been modified since MB 2.

You could also select the Legacy Folder Browsing option and that might bring it back.

cue1boy

I tried chocolate and a few others, none worked. Enabled legacy browsing worked straight away, Thank you for your help.

I'm sorry - that issue was recently fixed but it is only in the dev release right now.  I forgot it wasn't out there yet.