Official Emby Logo Submission Thread

ebr

Calling all graphic design talent - please help us create a new logo and branding for our new name.

We don't want to limit ideas too much so there won't be a lot of rules but here are a few guidelines to follow:

- The text/typeface should scale well up and down.  One of the issues with our current typeface is, while it looks very elegant at larger sizes, when you scale it down it gets too thin.

- The logo/icon should be virtually square (1:1 ratio).  This is also a problem with our current design as, again when scaled down, it does not work well because it is a wide screen ratio.

- It should work well on a variety of backgrounds.

- You should probably not try to emphasize the "MB" in the name.  When we first chose this name (many months ago) we thought maybe we wanted to do this by having those letters be a different color or something but all of the core team has moved away from this idea.  It may make sense now, when the name is brand new and to those of you who have been around a while but it won't make sense to new people and it probably won't make sense at all in a year or two.

That's it.  Everything else is up in the air - colors, typeface whatever.  Show us what you've got :)

• Like 4

@@sahebk I like the orange version, particularly the play button look as it ties in with media.

I would go away from the orange, is exactly the same main color as plex.

• Like 4

sahebk

I would go away from the orange, is exactly the same main color as plex.

Any reccomendations? I picked that orange because it resembled the color "amber" (logic here was emby -> ember -> amber). Additionally, the play button inside the shape is supposed to represent the resin of the same color which preserved fossilized objects. A kind of homage to the old mediabrowser, if that makes any sense.

Karn.

Edited by sahebk

chef

550dcd4f07d48_EmbyLogoDesign.png

Those look professional.

You guys should seriously these ones. If Orange is too much like other logos in the market, then maybe the author would consider changing the color.

• Like 1

shaefurr

I think this looks terrible, but I already had made it so figured I might as well post it! :P icon with E,M,B,Y all stacked

550eff1399a8c_EMBYLOGO.jpg

550f013de3f21_embylogo2.jpg

• Like 6

I'm not an artist by any means but I do like messing around with stuff so thought I'd have a quick go, so here's a couple of ideas that I had. 

1. 7q4nK2Q.png

2. qvy3TOi.png

3. JDrJ6Qw.png

4. DobNUL7.png

5. b2JVaeU.png

Edited by GR00F

I'm going to offer one nudge of a suggestion here.  Many of the submissions so far (not all) look very "techy" to me.  I'd like to not have that be the case.

• Like 2

Aphid

I feel that the logos should need a strong silhouette, with a solid color. The ones @@sahebk suggested are good examples of that. It makes it much easier for apps to make the logo black or white to fit against a light/dark background, or to change the logo to match a color theme if desired.

• Like 1

z0mbi

550f702901b38_Animatedpreview.gif

EDIT: Check out other color variations here

Cheers!

I wish I could 'like' it again! There have been a number of extremely professional submissions already, I'm confident that whichever is chosen it will be awesome.

Also gotta give some of you guys +1's for the extremely nice mockups and presentation of your work.

• Like 1

chef

550f702901b38_Animatedpreview.gif

The blue looks so nice :)

EDIT: Check out other color variations here

Cheers!

Edited by chef

pir8radio

i think @@Joostzilla is on to something, it needs to be an icon based logo.  I still like the one @@non-entity whipped up HERE, you can use the E flame thing as an icon.     You know exactly what site each of these icons below are for right? just need a basic eMBy icon that is easy to remember and get it out there, the rest of the name just needs a decent font. Maybe Joostzillas icon gets flipped so it looks like the b in his emby font, and somehow fit the M in the center somewhere?  lol im not a graphics person..

social-icons.png

Edited by pir8radio