Channel Icons

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Hello, does anyone know the correct folder structure within imagesbyname for live tv channels such that the server will automatically pick them up on restart rather than me having to add one at a time? i can't seem to find this in the wiki?

cheers

MrWebsmith

i dont off the top of my head... i feel like there was an old post in swmc section with that path, but im having trouble finding it.

ill update this post if/when i figure it out...  i assume you already did as many as possible with something such as mychannellogos xl cause any that are in wmc flow through to mbs for me

Spaceboy

yeah I used mcl xl in wmc and channel icons came through fine there. but i use dvblink to feed wmc and using dvblink directly has a number of other benefits. apart from not having a way to inject the channel icons!

I've started collecting icons from wikip and i will inject them manually if i get no other input but long term i'd like to stick them in the ibn folder so they get picked up automatically. i still didn't find the icons from mcl xl to be good enough quality for some of the big buttons in emby

Vicpa

Hi @ @Spaceboy

As far as I can tell the location is "AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata\livetv" the actual path to the metadata directly may be a little different for you. A couple of server releases ago IBN and the metadata folders were merged for new installs so yours maybe a little different.

I don't it matters as I am not sure you can bulk up load them anyway. See the folder structure in my metadata folder below.

5516ab03aaf86_TViconspic.png

At least on my server it looks like the only way to update them is one at a time through the metadata manager.

I am not a dev so the above is soley based on investigation. Maybe someone else has more complete info.

Hope this helps!!

JeremyFr79

I just use "mychannellogos" on my media center, MB automatically brings over all the logo's from there.

Spaceboy

cheers @@Vicpa i'm trying to get a server running on my synology nas as well so that'll be even more difficult. I really need the ibn solution but maybe it hasn't been implemented yet