Always streaming

jriker1

jriker1

I know there is always a challenge when I setup MB as I have MBC on one system and MBS on my Windows 2012 box.  And the XBoxes are of course using their own unknown password accounts.  I'm trying to remember how I set this up before however right now it's always streaming and not even getting messages that it can't directly access the files.

2015-03-22 01:31:30.4806,Info,,Internal Player about to play 3 Days to Kill(http://192.168.0.1:8096/mediabrowser/videos/46db786998f610a3b7633d79f3c7ca0e/stream.asf?Params=;dc18301a6c124f80b6ca62c348fbfaf1;46db786998f610a3b7633d79f3c7ca0e;false;msmpeg4;wmav2;0;;29872000;128000;2;;;;0;;635626026904806984;;; ,68,Worker thread for Play Action

This is all I get in relation to the file.  I know before in the day I used to see messages when I first setup that it couldn't access the files locally and streaming.  This just seams to stream.  Any idea what's going on?  Can always tell when its streaming as the local player just sits there with the cursor all the way to the right side like the movie is over but plays.

JR

Side note, Media Browser Classic configurator only has 3 tabs now, external player, extenders, and help.  Is this normal?

Edited by jriker1

CashMoney

I know there is always a challenge when I setup MB as I have MBC on one system and MBS on my Windows 2012 box.  And the XBoxes are of course using their own unknown password accounts.  I'm trying to remember how I set this up before however right now it's always streaming and not even getting messages that it can't directly access the files.

2015-03-22 01:31:30.4806,Info,,Internal Player about to play 3 Days to Kill(http://192.168.0.1:8096/mediabrowser/videos/46db786998f610a3b7633d79f3c7ca0e/stream.asf?Params=;dc18301a6c124f80b6ca62c348fbfaf1;46db786998f610a3b7633d79f3c7ca0e;false;msmpeg4;wmav2;0;;29872000;128000;2;;;;0;;635626026904806984;;; ,68,Worker thread for Play Action

This is all I get in relation to the file.  I know before in the day I used to see messages when I first setup that it couldn't access the files locally and streaming.  This just seams to stream.  Any idea what's going on?  Can always tell when its streaming as the local player just sits there with the cursor all the way to the right side like the movie is over but plays.

JR

Side note, Media Browser Classic configurator only has 3 tabs now, external player, extenders, and help.  Is this normal?

You have UNC paths used and path substitution in the Library's setup on the server?

And yes, the Configurator only has those 3 tabs now; the rest have been moved to the Configuration screen of Emby Classic itself.

jriker1

Yes, I am. This worked fine pre rebuild of my win 7 MCE computer that has the classic part of MB on it. Guessing being Xbox extenders there is a security problem but can't be in the UNC path as it was working before something to do with the rebuild and maybe something with the guest account or something but my memory fails me.

JR

jriker1

If you use 360s you will have to give Everyone access to your media shares.

Common EBR, that's so old school. :)

What I did before, just having problems getting it to work on the rebuild, is put a login script in Windows 7 and share it out to the Xbox user that is created on the Win 7 computer.  Then whenever the Xbox starts up it runs the login script as domain user XBOX and maps the network share and has direct access to the media files which in this case are all WMV files so play direct.  No need to open everything up, just to the XBOX user account.  I'm trying to get it fixed and working again now so will post a how-to if I get it working again.  Not sure why it's not running the scripts right now as it did on the original build.  Have also found on the Xbox if you go to any of the media libraries and manually add say a picture library like \\server\pictures and define the username and password on that screen, the rest of the shares on that server become available to map, just a pain to key in a full UNC path with the keypad on screen.

Note there used to be an article on how to do this on the old MB2 site but unfortunately it looks like other than getting content from wayback a lot of that old knowledge and articles is no longer available as the original URL and pointers no longer work.

JR