SMB connection issues with Kodi Beta

bigrizz

bigrizz

I'm running MB3 Server on a WHS 2011 machine with a Win 8.1 client machine running Helix 14.2 RC1 and Arctic Zephyr skin. Every time I go into Kodi, I'm presented with a message that reads, 'Error - 192.168.1.100:8096'. No other explanation. The only way to clear it is to go into the Mediabrowser add-on config, select the network password field and hit enter. No change to the password - just hitting enter on the existing password. It's as if though the network password is not being parsed correctly. Two logs attached. There's a line in the log that reads, 'HTTP response error: 500 IOException' that might be the cuprit.

I'm pulling my hair out over it. I've tried a bunch of things - fooling with Credential Manager in win8.1, changing my password, uninstalling and reinstalling the MB3 add-on, different skins....nothing seems to help.

Any ideas anyone? Just one observation, I don't see a field for the password for MB3. Just a user ID. Is that normal? I thought I had seen the password field there previously, unless I'm losing my mind?

kodi.log

kodi.old.log

Angelblue05

You are not losing your mind, we no longer store the password. As you authenticate for the first time, it will prompt once for your password.

Please enable Info log within the add-on's config (under advanced tab) and repost your logs. If you are unsure, please see my signature (how to report a problem). Thanks! :)

bigrizz

Thanks AngelBlue05. New logs posted with 'info' level reporting enabled. Some further info. It seems that if I persist long enough clicking the 'ok' button, the error goes away and appears to stay away. I counted 11 clicks for this particular log. Strange.

kodi.log

pünktchen

You are not losing your mind, we no longer store the password. As you authenticate for the first time, it will prompt once for your password.

Sorry for jumping in, but what does it mean - for the first time? Once for every new Kodi session eg. after a restart?

Angelblue05

The first time meaning the first time you install the add-on. :) After that we reuse the same session to connect to the server. If the api key is revoked, then it will prompt you for your password again.

bigrizz

@@bigrizz I thought you had a different problem, but was your server crashed at the time? Usually that's why it would return 500...

No, it was working fine. I was able to access media through MBC without issue. I have replicated the problem over a week.

bigrizz

The problem is this:

HTTP response error: 500 IOException

This is a server returned error when the addon is trying to call the following url

http://192.168.1.100:8096/mediabrowser/Users/f6c51e6fd330e59d16f4cc52886702e1/Items/f7107322d39a12a96ebe58b373034775/LocalTrailers?format=json

Which it looks like when it is getting local trailers, are your trailers set up correctly?

Anyway its not an addon problem, the server is having issues.

I'll check the trailers addon tonight. I might uninstall it to see if that fixes it. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1