Anyone running into this issue when playing from clients?

HTPC23

HTPC23

Current setup...

HTPC running MB Server along with MBT; sorry Emby Theater.  Watching bluray rips (mkv format) on this works fine as far as navigation goes.

When I try and watch the same movie from one of my other PC's via Emby Theater the fast forward or next track buttons don't work.  Also as you can see by this picture I am 9 seconds into a movie but the green bar shows it at the end.

551371f431487_Capture.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks

djonnie

Yes, I have the same problem with some but not all movies. All my movies are MKV, I'll check some blu-ray MKV's.

djonnie

I'm having the problem with some blu-ray and some 'normal' DVD rips. I also noticed that the server is transcoding some movies now (75% CPU time), which is weird, since this has never happened before.

I also noticed that the issue with the seek bar only happens on movies that are transcoded.

So I'm wondering, why is MB transcoding, since this has not happened before.

From the server log:

2015-03-26 13:55:19.1341 Info - App: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20150110\ffmpeg.exe -fflags +genpts -i file:"G:\movie.mkv" -map 0:2 -map 0:0 -codec:v:0 libx264 -force_key_frames expr:gte(t,n_forced*5) -copyts -vf "subtitles='G:\Movie.mkv:si=0',setpts=PTS -0/TB" -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset superfast -crf 23 -maxrate 2680000 -bufsize 5360000 -vsync vfr -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -codec:a:0 aac -strict experimental -ac 6 -ab 320000 -af "aresample=async=1,asetpts=PTS-0/TB" -y "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\transcoding-temp\5f598b9fed6ff02646c411be6973583f.ts"

Edited by djonnie

Koleckai Silvestri

Check the permissions on your network shares and make sure that they allow everybody to read them. Also make sure the machines they are on don't require a password to access. If the theater client can't access the media directly via a network share, the media will be transcoded.

djonnie

Since some files will play perfectly while some other files from the same directory won't play, there must some other problem. And it has always worked fine, until recently.

That's why I just uninstalled MB Theater, removed all traces and re-installed the Official Release. Everything works fine now. Also the OP's problem with the seek bar, that I also experienced, has disappeared.

HTPC23

So I just did MBT uninstall and then reinstall as you mentioned djonnie and now the movies that were working fine before are not working now as far as the next track stuff goes.  Go figure.  :)

I just did the uninstall via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.  You mentioned above you removed all traces.  Is there something else I may have missed on the uninstall?

Edited by HTPC23

djonnie

Sorry to hear that it didn't help you out.

I also erased everything in c:\users\<username>\mediabrowser-theater before reinstalling

HTPC23

Thanks for the heads up djonnie. I tried that also but no luck.  Hopefully someone else with have an answer/suggestion.

djonnie

Can you confirm that the movies that have problems with the seek bar are transcoding, while the movies that are running fine, are not transcoded?

HTPC23

Not sure how to check that (transcoding) but I did notice this. 

On movies that I can skip around on I have the XySubFilter (Green arrow) show up in my task bar like so...

551754d9cb609_Works.png

On movies where I don't have that option the XySubFilter is not showing up at all like so....

5517558c461b6_Doesntwork.png

So what you a saying may be true.  How would I check to see if they are being transcoded?

Also, I don't want any of the them to be transcoded so would be interested to know how to stop it if they are.