Server not found

StingerMeGood
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

StingerMeGood

I'm hoping somebody can help out.

My current set up:

MB Server installed on primary machine, as well as MB Classic running on it.

MB Classic running on secondary laptop (this is the trouble machine).

MB Classic suddenly stopped working on the laptop. It seems it can not find the server. Looking at the logs it appears to look for the server at an incorrect address (checked against physical address of adaptor on server machine).

I have tried uninstalling MB Classic from the secondary machine, and downloading the latest build.

MB Classic is working fine from the primary machine (where server is installed). I have restarted the server. Server is up to date.

Please find the logs attached.

Thank you for your help (hopefully).

Configurator-2632015aa0331d98eb44fa493c56192167fcf55.log

MBClassic-26320158b2810854efb4e758142fa9c764e24c2.log

• Solution

How long are you waiting?  That log doesn't have much info in it.

If you have it configured to connect to an incorrect IP address, then it may take it a while to figure out it isn't there.  Then you can configure it properly.  If it never finds a server automatically, check your firewall on the server machine and make sure it is allowing UDP.

• Like 1

StingerMeGood

Thank you for the quick response ebr.

I left MB Classic go for a few minutes before closing it. That is the log it produced. The configurator was only open for a minute also, as it doesnt have any server options available to try, I exited it fairly quickly.

Since your reply, I opened MBC and the configurator and left them run over night. It produced the same sort of log this morning, as the ones i submitted.

I will point out that I tried manually setting the server address on the previous version of MBC (when the configurator had that option available). It was not able to find the server.

I have not had an opportunity to check on the firewall settings yet, as requested. I will look into that after work and let you know.

Thank you.

StingerMeGood

I finally got to look at the firewall settings.

Looks as though the firewall on the server machine had blocked communication.

After allowing access, the secondary machine MBC started up without issue. Happy days.

Thank you for your timely response, and fixing this issue for me, ebr. Much appreciated.