Some tools I wrote to help org media

spootdev

spootdev

I wrote up some tools to help organize media after an initial load into Emby. They are available at GitHub at https://github.com/SpootDev/OctMote for use under the tools directory.

The script mb3_library_checker.py will scan your data files and flag media under the following conditions. This has been tested under Linux but should work on Windows and OSX as long as the application/database was installed into the default locations. Crappy docs are in the docs directory.
1) If year in NFO and year in file name are off by more thanone year
2) If the file in the database entry no longer exists on the file system
3) Files that weren't matched to an IMDB entry
4) Matched names and file names difference by fuzzy name checking.
5) Duplicate copies of media

Batch Video Converter can be used to convert many files to x264 at once. Need to get off butt and write up documentation and build a windows exe but runs from source and requires wxPython.

HTPC Media File Mover can be used to help organize files after you rip from dvd/bray/etc and is quite specific to my layout and needs. Need to get off butt and write up docs for it too. Essentially will scan predefined directories and move new files to their own directory and then creates the trailers/extras/etc directories automatically.

Some of these might end up to be plugins whenever I learn c# and js.  :)