Using old MCE remote with new MB server/classic

thewallace

thewallace

I've seen comments scattered around the forums but can't figure out how to do this.

I'm using Win 7 64-bit with the newest version of MB server/classic. I have an original silver 'green button' MCE remote, but it doesn't work in the new MB. It worked fine on the old version  and I can see the remote sensor light blink on both the remote and tv sensor .

Is there something I have to enable in MB? I can't find anything in the web interface.

em.jpg

Edited by thewallace

thewallace

I found this interesting fix about enabling universal remotes in the registry. I found several keys were off, I enabled them, not sure what they were.   http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/media-center-remote-control-wont-work-in-windows-7/d30ae22d-82fd-4e1f-bc63-ce0cbad40c63

But it was simpler than that. Device Manager showed an unknown device that in its string showed as an IR device. I uninstalled and Windows reinstalled it as a MS IR device.

This is Win 7 64-bit Enterprise with all the updates. Weird that such a simple driver never got installed to begin with.

Edited by thewallace

• 1 year later...
Gothic99

I have been using an MCE remote with no issues. I have recently purchased a universal touchscreen remote, I triained it from the MCE remote I use and it "works" but the function keys only operate once. eg: i open a season and can only scroll down one line to the next episode, seems it only accepts a keypress "once".

If i select movies i can only scroll left or right once.  I hope this makes sense.

I would like to know if there is a setting i can tweak to allow the activation of multiple keystrokes from the same key. I am using windows 7 (64bit) N54L Hp microserver.

Here is the remote I am trying to  use: http://www.terapeak.com/worth/rotel-rr-990-remote-control-touch-screen-learning-universal-remote-control/262081041012/

moviefan

I have been using an MCE remote with no issues. I have recently purchased a universal touchscreen remote, I triained it from the MCE remote I use and it "works" but the function keys only operate once. eg: i open a season and can only scroll down one line to the next episode, seems it only accepts a keypress "once".

If i select movies i can only scroll left or right once.  I hope this makes sense.

I would like to know if there is a setting i can tweak to allow the activation of multiple keystrokes from the same key. I am using windows 7 (64bit) N54L Hp microserver.

Here is the remote I am trying to  use: http://www.terapeak.com/worth/rotel-rr-990-remote-control-touch-screen-learning-universal-remote-control/262081041012/

Sounds like a limitation of the touchscreen remote.  Nothing to do with Emby for sure.

I would look in the touchscreen manual or contact the manufacturer to determine if the technology is capable of sending repeated signals for a single press.