Feature Request For Sync To Seedbox/FTP Location

mbc0

Hi,

I couldn't find a feature request section? but as the title suggests I wonder if the sync plugin could be adapted to use an FTP location at all please?

Many Thanks

that's right, it won't stream to clients, at least not without updating them. so it's primary function would be for backup purposes.

Ah, I have a crazy fast seedbox why would that not stream to well? Is this something that will never happen or just not yet?

Beardyname

I meant using my seedbox as an ftp location or maybe some other way?

Streaming via FTP is not really possible, since you would have to make sure the bits are transferred in the same orders as the file and whatnot. (we can't really build an ftp client into every client)

But for backup purpose it's an good idea.

Happy2Play

Ah, I have a crazy fast seedbox why would that not stream to well? Is this something that will never happen or just not yet?

Have you checked with your seedbox provider to see if they have a media player?  Mine provides these media player options via their control panel.

Supported types for transcoding: AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, MP3, WMV, OGV.

Supported types for native VLC streaming: All supported by your own local VLC

Native streaming will provide the best picture quality (same as if you had the file locally) and it's strongly recommended. Transcoding (this means that the original file is converted on the fly to either FLV or x264) loads the server a lot and produces worse results. It's only suggested if you can't install VLC locally for some reason.