Dosnt find new movie

christhetower

christhetower

i added a few new movies and did a scan media library. i have had no promblems before. now it didnt find 2 of the 3 new movies, then the next day it found 1 more. any one have this problem and know why it would do this?

mariors44

C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Server.

you must have show hidden files in folder options.

if you go to start button and type %AppData% it will take you to the roaming folder where media browser sever is located.

also make sure your movies are name correctly. You can go to IMDB website and look for them there to. 

Deathsquirrel

Probably none.  Organize your movies.  Put each movie in its own folder.  Otherwise the server will have a bear of a time telling sequels from multipart movie files.

Structure should look something like this:

\\Movies\Lake Placid (1999)

\\Movies\Lake Placid 2 (2007)

\\Movies\Lake Placid 3 (2010)

etc.

mariors44

the server relays on proper file structure and from the look of your picture, your files are not correct. Take the advise from Deathsquirrel and put your movies in individual folders like he said. 

Deathsquirrel

It's supported but he's having trouble getting to add movies where the titles are exactly the same except for the number at the end.  Seems likely it's thinking these are parts of the same movie.

Easy to test, just setup a temporary library folder like I described above, move the lake placid titles into their separate folders, add the library to emby, and let the library scan run.

christhetower

looks like it work. it just strange that it just started having this problem what there an update?

Deathsquirrel

putting the year at the end fixed it better

That's likely enough, yes.  Just something to make it clear that this is a movie and a sequel, not part 1 of a movie and then part 2 of the same movie.

Mind you, I suggest moving the files into separate folders anyway.  NTFS performance goes to hell when you get too many files in a single directory.  Once you get to 10k or so files in a single folder reads and writes can start taking a VERY long time.

Deathsquirrel

so do you make a folder for every movie?whoud that mess up the path name?

Ideally a folder for each movie, named the same way you would a movie so the share path will be something like \\movies\hd\Alice In Wonderland (1951)\Alice In Wonderland (1951).mp4.  You would point the library to \\movies\hd and it would parse through the subfolders.

12k files in one folder is usually enough to start slowing down file operations but not dramatically in most cases.  I've worked with people that had 200k+ files in a single folder and it would take 20 minutes just to do a file selection.  It can get pretty ugly.