Backdrop Transition Time

Teddy

From config tab the maximum time for transition it's only 2 seconds. Could be possible to increase it?

I don't know if it's for this short of time but the presentation backdrops finish bluffly as if blow.

Regards

swhitmore

the presentation backdrops finish bluffly as if blow.

Not sure what this means...  :unsure: Why would you want it more than 2s?

You could try editing the config xml directly, but I'm not sure if there is a good reason 2s is the max, so it might just break it.

The file is in %appdata%\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations and will be named username-MediaBrowserXml.config. The tag you want to change is <BackdropTransitionInterval>time in seconds</BackdropTransitionInterval>

WARNING: I haven't tried editing this above 2, so it could break everything. Take a backup of your config file before editing.

Edited by swhitmore

Normally with another themes we used 4 seconds but my problem with ROC and Crystal it's when finish the backdrop presentation it's not smoothly and I don't know if because use presentation or the 2 second limit.

You can see it here  http://ul.to/utc84pa8

Regards

swhitmore

I can't watch that video at work, but I'll take your word for it. Have you tried adjusting the delay time? 

<BackdropLoadDelay>time in milliseconds</BackdropLoadDelay>

It could be a theme specific issue. I know ROC and Crystal are very heavy on animations. It might be taking a toll.

Edited by swhitmore

I changed the value to 8 and the 2 secons remains for ROC.

So I thing ROC don't use the BackdropTransitionInterval value.

Do you know if it's possible stop the backdrop animation? This could be perfect for me.

Thanks to support

Cheers

swhitmore

I changed the value to 8 and the 2 secons remains for ROC.

So I thing ROC don't use the BackdropTransitionInterval value.

Do you know if it's possible stop the backdrop animation? This could be perfect for me.

Thanks to support

Cheers

That could be just because it's capped at 2 (a dev will need to confirm). You can turn off rotating backdrops. There should be an option for it, or edit the config like this <RotateBackdrops>False</RotateBackdrops>

Yes, stopping the rotation backdrop fix my issue but logically only have one backdrop.

What about my question about stopping the backdrop presentation (only backdrow without movement? Could be possible changing any value in any xml file?

Regards

Eb, I changed the transition to 0 in the file %appdata%\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations\MediaBrowserXml.config and the behavior it's the same. Nothing change

PD. When I started ROC, itself has change on the xml file to 0,1

Edited by teodorin

leedavies

I can't watch that video at work, but I'll take your word for it. Have you tried adjusting the delay time?

<BackdropLoadDelay>time in milliseconds</BackdropLoadDelay>

It could be a theme specific issue. I know ROC and Crystal are very heavy on animations. It might be taking a toll.

The issue is that if an MCML Graphic tag has an idle animation attached, when the Graphic.Content is changed, the idle animation jumps ahead to the final frame of the current loop iteration, jerky effect.

Detaching the idle animation before changing the content has the same effect.

Playing the animation manually has the same effect.

I do have a couple of ideas which might be nice inventive solutions. The cause, however, is nothing to do with intensive use of animation.

• Like 1