Web client bug - Group movies into collections dont work

trusselo

trusselo

In the web client, under "My Views" > Edit (options) > Last option "Group movies into collections"

Does not work.

55160147486cd_Untitled.png

Also on another note....

app.mediabrowser.tv  ...  besides the obvious address name, it is still branded with mediabrowser logos and page titles

Edited by trusselo

Happy2Play

How are your collections made?  In a collection/boxset folder or made via auto boxset plugin or manually via web client?

trusselo

How are your collections made?  In a collection/boxset folder or made via auto boxset plugin or manually via web client?

Physical Folder Collections

It doesn't lump in "latest movies" or latest media.

Your screenshot doesn't show the view.

Also, can verify both have a TMDB Collection ID?

yes the screenshot does. look again. its the full everything "MOVIES" view its underlined in BLUE right above the word ACT

yes they do have a TMDB collection ID, for example ALIEN collection shown in the screenshot, ID 8091 already there.

should I state the obvious now, they all display correctly in the Collections View, as grouped single items.

all media and collections have been metadata scraped by media center master prior to MB

Edited by trusselo

Happy2Play

Physical Folder Collections

yes the screenshot does. look again. its the full everything "MOVIES" view its underlined in BLUE right above the word ACT

yes they do have a TMDB collection ID, for example ALIEN collection shown in the screenshot, ID 8091 already there.

should I state the obvious now, they all display correctly in the Collections View, as grouped single items.

all media and collections have been metadata scraped by media center master prior to MB

I said the same thing here.  There was a change a couple releases ago that folder collections were no longer grouped, only auto boxset plugin and web client created collection work.  I would assume it has to do with where the server looks for collections since folder collection don't have there information in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections".

trusselo

well just for craps and giggles,

I took ALIEN movies out of the folder collection and moved them to the root movies folder (with all other random movies)

re-scanned collection

installed auto-collection

configured auto-collection

ran collection scan

no change

re-scanned collection....

NO CHANGE

I dont get it

Happy2Play

Just tested.

551761ee1c5d5_boxset.jpg

Moved movies from Alien Collection folder

Delete or rename collection.xml in Alien Collection folder
Run library scan

Run Auto Boxset Refresh

But I still prefer better organization and having them in there own collection folder.

mariors44

totally agree, Once again the DEV team makes things worse then better with box sets to have to different locations for folders for box sets is pretty stupid. (metadata in one location and movies in another)

Like I have been saying need better documentation on sever changes.

trusselo

Yeah ive been still trying to get this to work and cant, but have noticed that the  auto-boxset plug-in doesnt work either.

I take the aliens movies out of the collection,  delete the collection folder with the xml, scan library, scan for collections and still no grouping in the main list AND no auto-boxset under collections view.

this is also true for Dumb and dumber (and To) have never been in a box-set before and dont show as a collection with the plugin....

hmmm....

Deathsquirrel

Well I wouldn't bring the plugin into it until  you are certain that collections are working when setup correctly.  Take those dumb & dumber movies that aren't in a collection.  Make sure they are in separate folders, not a collection folder, just like any other movie, and then create a collection manually in the web UI called Dumb and Dumber Collection.  Check the box to DL the collection data from the internet when creating it.

Does that collection show correctly?

Yeah ive been still trying to get this to work and cant, but have noticed that the  auto-boxset plug-in doesnt work either.

I take the aliens movies out of the collection,  delete the collection folder with the xml, scan library, scan for collections and still no grouping in the main list AND no auto-boxset under collections view.

If you manually remove a movie from a collection, then Auto Box Sets will assume you don't want that movie in that collection and remove the collection ID from it so it doesn't keep getting put back in the collection you just removed it from.