PlayOn - ConnectFailure Connection Refused

AwesomeDuke

AwesomeDuke

Hi,

I am runng MB on FreeNAS and am having a few issues with the PlayOn Plug-in.

I installed and paid for the PlayOn Plug-in and also paid for a Lifetime membership to MediaBrowser and have applied the Supporters Key, so I am not sure what I am am missing.

When i try to access PlayOn via the Channels section I get an error:

ConnectFailure Connection Refused.

I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

I am not sure where to to from here. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Duke

post-35776-0-89040900-1427598993_thumb.jpg

AwesomeDuke

Please see http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

do you have playon installed and functioning on it's own? have you tried to configure the playon plugin?

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your reply. The version of MB is 3.0.5518.7 and the PlayOn plugin is version 1.0.0.8. I can post the logs if you tell me where I can find them in FreeNAS becuase the link you supplied above only shows where they're located in Windows and Mac.

Thanks

Duke

AwesomeDuke

Go in to dashboard -> help -> logs should find latest there :)

Thanks for that.

Please find attached the latest log file.

Thnaks again for looking into this... Duke

Log.txt

snazy2000

There is your issue, its to do with your playon server are you sure the ip address is correct for your playon server? Also is your firewall allowing that traffic, can u try replacing the 192.168.8.231 with localhost and run it in the same server that your playon server isnlocates

AwesomeDuke

There is your issue, its to do with your playon server are you sure the ip address is correct for your playon server? Also is your firewall allowing that traffic, can u try replacing the 192.168.8.231 with localhost and run it in the same server that your playon server isnlocates

That is definitely the IP address. I am not sure if you are familiar with the FreeNAS version, but it runs on FreeBSD, so there is no web browser that can check a localhost connection. I'll see if there is anything via the command line that can be tested.

I just had confirmed that there is no firewall on the FreeNAS server. So that's not blocking PlayOn.

Is there someone I can contact like the PlayOn developer to see if he has any ideas?

Thanks...

AwesomeDuke

Any assistance would be most appreciated. Just a contact for the developer of the plugin would be great.

Thanks

Snazy is the developer of the plugin but all the plugin does is talk to the play on installation that you already have. So you need to have that up and running first