Web client search results incomplete

Langi

Hello!

I found out that search results in web client are incomplete sometimes. This is the case if the selected search pattern should provide more than 30 results. But this seems not to be a bug, because I think I found the reason for this behavior. Looking at the log files after using the search I found this (I know that log files normally should be uploaded - but it's only 2 lines and I hope this is ok to be directly posted):

2015-03-29 09:55:43.3342 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 127.0.0.1. Response time: 67,0038 ms.

As you can see the results are limited with parameter "limit=". I've tried to find an option to change this but no luck. Did I search not hard enough or can this limit really not be configured? I'm using latest stable version of Emby Server.

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Langi

Koleckai Silvestri

There is no option. The search in the web client is very basic and limited in functionality. Not sure if this is by design or the coding for it simply isn't complete yet.

Ok, thank you. I know that function in web client is limited in comparison to other clients. I think nobody expects the ability to define searches with regular expressions in web client, but this limitation makes the function completely useless (at least for me). Maybe there's a limit to avoid performance issues, but that's not ok as long as there is no option that can be changed by the user.

I hope this will be changed in the future.

Koleckai Silvestri

Not suggesting regular expressions but the ability to filter by media type or person would be nice. As would increasing results returned.