Cover images

Damstas

krustyreturns

Letting us know which backend you are using would be useful too.

Damstas

It seems to me that Emby doesn't download any images. Only images from the NPVR are accepted. Why is this?

All images that are showing are from the NPVR. Emby hasn't downloaded a single image. Kind of frustrating, since I need to individually click every series in the NPVR, that I want to show up in Emby.

post-14107-0-44960700-1429458350_thumb.png

Edited by Damstas

Sven

We get all the metadata from NextPvr. But you also can change it in the metadata manager..

What do you see in the metadata manager?

Since you are talking about images, I imagine he wants to see the images tab of the metadata manager, but my guess is it is blank.

Damstas

Since you are talking about images, I imagine he wants to see the images tab of the metadata manager, but my guess is it is blank.

I can't find any images tab in the metadata manager. 

Are we talking about metadata section in the dashboard or metadata manager?

In metadata section I have checked all the options that should give me metadata, but I still see none from Emby, and as I stated it's pretty frustrating one by one click them in the NPVR.

well the first thing you have to do is browse with the next pvr application and make sure you have images there.

I can't find any images tab in the metadata manager. 

From the screen cap you posted:

553561a13b8fa_imagestab.png

Damstas

well the first thing you have to do is browse with the next pvr application and make sure you have images there.

Yes, I have them there. Isn't Emby supposed to download images from TVDB or TMDB if they are missing from Emby?

Tried Media Portal as a backend. Emby didn't search any images, so no artwork.

I will post a pic about that in the morning, need to get some sleep. :)

Damstas

Here is the pic, but I don't understand why it would be important, since I can't get Emby to get the artwork for TV shows. Channel icons can be added manually.

post-14107-0-52269600-1429610383_thumb.png

Oh, so you are talking about individual images for actual programs?

I'm pretty sure images for live TV programs come from the Live TV services/plug-ins as opposed to using the providers to search like TV you define in your library.  I'm not sure we have all the information that would be required in order to make that mapping plus, it is much more dynamic than your library so could be quite a bottle neck.  Live TV programs are not structured like Live TV in your library where we know an episode belongs to a particular series and have a place to store information on it.  Each program would have to be looked up individually and somehow tied to the proper TV series.

Maybe possible, but I don't believe we do that at the moment.

Damstas

Oh, so you are talking about individual images for actual programs?

I'm pretty sure images for live TV programs come from the Live TV services/plug-ins as opposed to using the providers to search like TV you define in your library.  I'm not sure we have all the information that would be required in order to make that mapping plus, it is much more dynamic than your library so could be quite a bottle neck.  Live TV programs are not structured like Live TV in your library where we know an episode belongs to a particular series and have a place to store information on it.  Each program would have to be looked up individually and somehow tied to the proper TV series.

Maybe possible, but I don't believe we do that at the moment.

Yeah, I was talking about programs. I thought Emby was supposed to download images to programs, rather than the backend. Could Luke confirm this? :) Would it be possible to use Schedules Direct data with Emby and get metadata to Live TV that way? I don't know how some people have images to every show, like here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20217-dev-embytv-a-livetv-client-for-network-tuners-hdhomerun-at-the-moment/

Also I can't seem to find out where to change if I want thumb or poster view with Live TV.

Edited by Damstas

Damstas

I talked with NPVR developer and he said that program artwork is supposed to demand load from NPVR. This doesn't happen on Embys side. I don't know whether Emby or NPVR plugin has issues.

Edited by Damstas

It works pretty well with the new EmbyTv plug-in (the one that goes straight to HD Homerun) but I think he is using SD for it.

Damstas

It works pretty well with the new EmbyTv plug-in (the one that goes straight to HD Homerun) but I think he is using SD for it.

I have internal tuners, so can't use that plugin.