Error processing this request

Yoda

Hi All,

My Emby Theater started acting up randomly, completely out of nowhere. No video file will play, saying "There was an error processing this request". None of the background theme videos play either. All video files play fine in web client, which tells me it's an issue with theater. I've attached the log and there is a clear error there:

Error - InternalDirectShowPlayer: Error beginning playback
    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
       at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.InvokeOnPlayerThread(Action action, Boolean throwOnError)
       at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.<PlayTrack>d__f.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.<Play>d__1.MoveNext()

My MBT version:3.0.5531.26414

My server version: 3.0.5518.7

Any help would be appreciated since right now I can't play any of my library and this came out of nowhere (I didn't change any settings or install anything).

theater-63563341296.txt

Edited by Yoda

• 1 month later...
whitman27

I had something similar today, for some reason my Windows 8.1 lost the sharing on the server location for my Theater PC.

not sure if this is the issue or not, but just a thought.

rms8

I had something similar today, for some reason my Windows 8.1 lost the sharing on the server location for my Theater PC.

not sure if this is the issue or not, but just a thought.

The sharing on the server is fine since WMC Emby on a Win7 machine is working fine.  If I instal an EXTERNAL player, Emby Theater plays the movies, albeit on the external player.  I'm trying to streamline the install and would prefer to use the built in player Emby uses (VLC, correct?)

rms8

Is this a known issue?  Any suggestions?  Could it be something which needs to be optioned in the settings which isn't a default setting?

• 2 weeks later...