Next Up Episodes for new Emby Add-on

reluctantflux

reluctantflux

Is there a way to setup NextUp Episodes for the new Emby Add-on for Kodi?

I know I can set it up to hide watched items and sort by date added, but this shows multiple items if you're not up to date on your shows. 

Thanks!

ETA: Totally understandable if it's not able to be added, or if it's a feature coming up.  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't already implemented and I'm missing it.  Fantastic work guys!

Edited by reluctantflux

im85288

It uses the native Kodi Library so works out the box. For example in Arctic Zephyr it's the ongoing episodes widget. I'm pretty sure most skins support this natively.

xnappo

That said, once we get 'tags' working for TV Shows/Episodes - we could add a NextUp tag.  Lots of stability improvements are needed before we starting adding new features though.

• Like 1

puithove

There is another caveat... in some cases the addon sets the "lastplayed" date to the current date (of the current sync) when it's doing the initial sync.  I think this is for episodes that are marked as "played" but don't have a "lastplayed" date in the Emby database.  As such, it makes the order of the Ongoing Episodes widget out of whack, until things settle in and you watch some shows.  at which time, the dates work themselves out.

I think the addon needs to look at this and set any unknown dates to something way in the past (01/01/2000) in order to handle this better.

• 1 month later...
Kent

How do I enable Next Up, or Ongoing Episodes in Arctic Zephyr. I can't find it anywhere

Here are the instructions:

Go into skin settings (settings, Skin settings), then customize home menu

Use mouse or arrow keys, highlight TV Shows, then over to 'Submenu'

Then click add or select an existing item, go to 'choose shortcut'

go to Video Library, go to TV Shows, scroll down to next episodes and hit return

all set...

you can repeat this procedure to add anything from the emby or kodi shortcut lists...it's very powerful and you can fully customize your menu bar using this.

Any questions, post them up.

• Like 1

im85288

How do I enable Next Up, or Ongoing Episodes in Arctic Zephyr. I can't find it anywhere

Or simply navigate to the top of the home screen and select the ongoing episodes widget

• Like 1