Problems displaying poster/folder.ext

PoBear

PoBear

Hi

I seem to have developed a problem on one of my libraries with it displaying the primary image.

The library is defined as Movies but actually contains one-off TV programmes, some have their metadata downloaded but for the majority I have had to create myself.

Up until recently, I can't give a date, folder.ext was being displayed as the primary image, however, in some but not all folders it is a different image, usually backdrop.ext that is now being displayed, I've checked and the affected folders still have a folder.ext file.

Also and this may be a different problem the primary image for this file is being displayed as an album not a poster e.g. it's square rather than a rectangle, this is happening for all folders in the library. This library is the only one affected, my actually Movies library is displaying correctly.

Not sure what information you might want, so let me know and I'll post.

Thanks

PoBear

OK I've attached a screen shot from my web client showing the folder I am having problems with. Both highlighted programmes (green and red) have all the metadata created by myself thru the web client.

Both have a folder.png and a poster.png (same image), the Abba programme (green) is displaying as expected, the red programme is not, it's actually the The Andy Williams Christmas Show-poster that is being displayed. About half of the programmes in the folder seem to be affected,

The Andy Williams (red) pre-dates the Abba (green) but I have folders that post date the Abba one.

I can't say when, but on a previous version of the server they were all displaying correctly.

post-2698-0-48128000-1428282025_thumb.png

Edited by PoBear

can you show a screenshot of the contents of the file system for one of these affected titles? thanks.

ok, so this is actually expected behavior. if you have the following files in a movie folder:

{movie}-poster.ext

folder.ext

poster.ext

{movie}-poster is given priority because it is considered more specific. we'd like to introduce configuration around this, but we don't have it right now. so you should remove that image if you don't want it utilized.

PoBear

I thought it might be this when I saw a similar topic about this, the problem is that Emby generated this image, it was not one that I created, so if I delete it, will it be re-created automatically the next time there is a scan?

A follow on question. As this file was created by Emby, why wasn't it created for the other folders? Or as an alternative why was it created for this one?

Edited by PoBear