Dumb Question - Moving Library.

pir8radio

pir8radio

I have a dumb question... I'm going to migrate my music to a different array (drive), What will Emby do in the background?  I'm concerned with the images stored in the MB images/cache folders.  Will it scan the new location and use the old images in these folders?  If not will it delete the old and grab new?   I only ask because of my library size, the cache, images, and other MB info consumes 30.3 gigs by itself, i don't want an additional 30 gigs to get sucked up..

If the location changes (meaning the path reference) then it will be a new item to us and anything not stored with the actual media will get re-created.

If you use drive pooling or network shares such that you can physically move it but have the path reference be the same then it will all hook back up.  User data should be fine as long as the items are identified with mbz.

pir8radio

@@ebr ok so assuming the path changes and new items are created, what happens to the old images and cache?

Nothing, until they fall out of retention and are cleaned up by the regular process.

• Like 1